Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When i bought my car a couple of weeks ago they put new pads on the back but left the old disks on the back so it is creating alot of dust and crap on the back wheels, mixed with the bad weather and salt, the back wheels have got a a rough layer of crap on that wont budge with hot soapy water and a rough sponge and im worried they are stained. Just wundering if anyone has got an idea of a way to clean or a product that you let settle an it lifts all the crap off when you wash it off, help would be appreciated

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
as smart wheels off detailingworld, or bilberry wheel cleaner from the likes of cleanyourcar

get a little detailing brush too, only £1 to help agitate the wheel cleaner into the crap

·
Premium Member
1,957 Posts
Mostly online. But you could get it locally if you look around.

Edit... Needs to be from a detailing shop locally. Won't find it in halfords

·
Registered
81 Posts
Took my wheels off, one at a time sprayed apc and agitated with brush, power washed them and for the insides used same method but with jiff or ciff and used p180 sandpaper then p2500 lightly of course then I polished them with megs#83 megs#80 poorboys blackhole and then collinite 476s. Some people may think that I'm mad but people have already asked me if I have bought new alloys! Trouble is these days we all want a quick fix but you need to put the effort in and use some good old fashioned elbow grease. I took some before and after pics if anyone wants a look...

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah mate ill gladly have a look, whats apc ? They need doing today, its embarrising to drive the car there that bad

·
Premium Member
1,218 Posts
My wheels would allways come up clean, cleaned with bilberry and sealed with poorboys. Scuffed 1 with a kerb one day so had it refurbed, and since all the wheels are fine and come up clean but this one i had repainted all the brake dust just sticks in the lacquer... are renault wheels painted well at factory or even powdercoated? The refurbed wheel i ahve must have been painted with crap lacquer or soemthing?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts