Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Over the last week or so, my car has been hesitating between a particular rev-range - between 3000-3200 rpm (just as the turbo seems to come in). Above & below that the car seems fine.

The injectors/coils/plugs were replaced in May (and seem ok still), so I don't think it's that. All of the pipes/hoses are attached still (!), but I was wondering if I've got a leak in one of the hoses? Perhaps the cold weather has made the pipes more fragile?

I'll try and get a diagnostic check when I get to Newcastle next week - has anyone encountered anything similar?

Michael

·
Registered
296 Posts
Hi mate,

Had similer issues turned out to be a faulty pre cat 02 sensor.

Replaced and all is well,mine showed up on clip as the reading was all over the place! No lights though but worse than normal MPG.

Hope that helps mate

Damo

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi mate,

Had similer issues turned out to be a faulty pre cat 02 sensor.

Replaced and all is well,mine showed up on clip as the reading was all over the place! No lights though but worse than normal MPG.

Hope that helps mate

Damo
Cheers Damo, my MPG is a couple down on where I've been before - perhaps it's been on the way out for a while? I've not had any CEL errors (yet), but hopefully something will show up. Can you remember the error code that was thrown?

Im still thinking weak fuel pump!
I know the feeling. The fact that the car hates being started pointing uphill screams fuel pump, doesn't it? The only thing that talks me back down is that it doesn't seem to struggle at high speed / revs. Weird!

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
My car hates starting too - ticks over for 5-6secs sometimes then fires up right?

Really bugs me but thats cars i guess!

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
My car hates starting too - ticks over for 5-6secs sometimes then fires up right?
Shouldn't be that bad! I thought mine was bad as it isn't instant push button, start. It generally tries to turn over for a second then starts, Just put this down to it having to trim up and the colder weather.

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Yer loads of people have the same problem as me. Sometimes i press it and its instantaneous others it will just go tickticktickticktick for a good 5 secs then fire up.

Someone said something about cleaning a camshaft position sensor or something but i dont know how and reno said nothing on clip so nothing they can do.

I think weak fuel pump not pumping enough to start because i find 90% of the time it ticks for ages when the car has been stationary for a while whereas it fires first time when ive used it 5mins-1hour ago...

·
Registered
296 Posts
Cheers Damo, my MPG is a couple down on where I've been before - perhaps it's been on the way out for a while? I've not had any CEL errors (yet), but hopefully something will show up. Can you remember the error code that was thrown?

I know the feeling. The fact that the car hates being started pointing uphill screams fuel pump, doesn't it? The only thing that talks me back down is that it doesn't seem to struggle at high speed / revs. Weird!
Sorry mate,

It didn't throw up any codes,just had a clip test done to investigate the issue witch was hesitation at 3k rpm and worse than normal MPG averages!

When the 02 readings were taken it was all over the place and when advised that this was the issue

Car felt a liitle flat and underpowed at those revs but fine higher-up the rev range. It idled fine etc

·
Registered
687 Posts
has anyone had this efficiency/green test done at renault where they check your car is performing as it should? would it be obsolete if you have a map and exhaust and other mods? or isit good for everything, hesitation and bad aconomy and the likes, how do you do clip test for the cat is it something that has to be done at renault?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
reno said nothing on clip so nothing they can do.
It's really bad that they rely on CLIP so much. I never had that problem with my old Ford or Subaru Dealer...

Sorry mate,

It didn't throw up any codes,just had a clip test done to investigate the issue witch was hesitation at 3k rpm and worse than normal MPG averages!

When the 02 readings were taken it was all over the place and when advised that this was the issue

Car felt a liitle flat and underpowed at those revs but fine higher-up the rev range. It idled fine etc
That seems exactly like mine. Hopefully I can confirm on the diagnostics, and buy / fit a new sensor before Christmas.

Cheers.

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
I agree michael, poor really. Wish i could take it away from them and make them look with their eyes and use their brain to solve a problem lol

·
Premium Member
1,297 Posts
mines doing this as well only started these last few weeks in the cold weather and only when shes stone cold....i have had a decat fitted and once i reved it to the cold limiter and it banged and then almost just went it to like half throttle in the next gear felt like the traction control was on big style and made a ****ty sound

·
Premium Member
403 Posts
I've noticed a similar thing on mine... but not quite the same.
From cold the car will start fine almost every time. No hesitation or tcktcktcktckwhump... but after a 10, 15 or 30min drive I'm stationary for a short ferry journey usually 7 to 10mins. When I start up to continue the journey, the car almost sounds like the battery's gone flat (all tcks and no whump!!) for a few seconds!!

As for hesitation... from cold (in the cold) I get a short hesitation somewhere between 2000 to 3000rpm when in first gear pulling away from standstill.... kind of like whooo-slight pause-whooosh... I'd guess at 20 to 25mph... so nothing great but (almost) very predictable...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts