Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I would like to here if anyone has any ideas on beating this recession. It would seem every penny we earn gets taken away to leave us struggling. Please give your input to help others !

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
List is endless mate. 225 petrol consumption wont help lol

Comes down to what u want and what u need. Use less heating, turn lights off, drives places less, go out less etc etc etc

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
Drug dealing. No tax, choose the hours you work, What more could you want?

Like Pad says, I havn't noticed a recession. Just had 2 pay rises in work in as many week and we are still turning customers away.

·
Club Member
7,528 Posts
I have my own roofing buisness and Ive not been hit either yet , in fact I've had a good year compared to to others in the building trade I just hope I remain to keep busy next year, cut your cloth accordingly

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Drug dealing. No tax, choose the hours you work, What more could you want?

Like Pad says, I havn't noticed a recession. Just had 2 pay rises in work in as many week and we are still turning customers away.
Remind me off this!!!

[video=youtube;ywNheTibt4U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywNheTibt4U[/video]

·
Premium Member
6,141 Posts
A lot of the problems are caused by the media only ever reporting bad news.
Talking to my customers and mates in the UK,most are doing very well.
More money in their pockets due to low mortgage rates etc, but most have not got the confidence to spend, due to the gloomy picture always portrayed in the press.

·
Premium Member
211 Posts
And the public not spending is one of the causes of a recession. Personally I've spent a lot lately as I've been getting some very good deals as people are fighting for your business.

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
Well I havn't been hit hard by this so called recession but I have had to keep an eye on what I have been spending..

only daft things like not having a take away when ever I felt like it and cutting down on the ****, but apart from stupid stuff like that its same old same old for me,

If your looking for ways to make your money go further then just think about things before you do them,
If your looking for ways to make more money, then you could always become a rent boy

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
I'm probably in a better position overall than I was about 18 months ago, because although inflation's high and pay rises have been disappointing, I changed mortgage to a much lower rate and am saving a few hundred pounds a month on that. However, I'm not spending that money because I know rates will go up at some point and I don't want it to hurt when they do, so that extra is going to pay off the mortgage. Consequently I feel like we're worse off than we were because we're having to make the money go further.

I'm sure plenty more people are doing the same thing, which the country probably needs, but in the short term it means we're not spending as much and therefore hurting the economy.

·
Club Member
7,528 Posts
Im also on the right side of my mortgage weve been in our £300,000 house for 4 years now and hardly owe anything on it by paying £50,000 off in lump sums over the last 4 years and still over paying every month so 9 years and mine will be gone , ill be just short of 50 then its down size, sell the buisness and wrap up or just pick and choose when i want to go, thats if it all works out. Best thing you can do is over pay it makes such a difference later on in life, never owned a credit card and dont do loans either, its not how you earn it its how you spend it.

·
Premium Member
2,457 Posts
Im also on the right side of my mortgage weve been in our £300,000 house for 4 years now and hardly owe anything on it by paying £50,000 off in lump sums over the last 4 years and still over paying every month so 9 years and mine will be gone , ill be just short of 50 then its down size, sell the buisness and wrap up or just pick and choose when i want to go, thats if it all works out. Best thing you can do is over pay it makes such a difference later on in life, never owned a credit card and dont do loans either, its not how you earn it its how you spend it.
You can get a house for £300K ??!!

·
Premium Member
6,148 Posts
I have probably had the best year financially but my spending has changed so much this year, nights out are much fewer, don't eat out as much its not because I cant its because I want to build up a war chest. The business has had the best start to the next year with forward orders up about 85%. What we are finding is people will commit if the deal is good enough and the price is right.

Again it comes down to one thing confidence.

We do have to be careful though as the imminent break up of the euro will no doubt cause issues.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts