Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now this really bothers me - the cardboard at the bottom of the windscreen, covering the bulkhead is sagging really badly and looks terrible - can push it back into place but does not stay there - anyone come up with a way of fixing it in position and if so can you please give me some pointers - cable ties are an option but not going to look very neat

help

·
Premium Member
3,292 Posts
I just put silicone in the rubber strip and clamped it into place. still holding strong after the clamps came off

·
Premium Member
943 Posts
I used zip-ties. made just 4 small holes in the plastic over the cardboard and tightened the ties. Still holding after a year.

·
Premium Member
1,957 Posts
Bump for caymanR26

Well had the bonnet open today so had ago at sorting this issue out...

Made a hole in the plastic and in the heat proofing and zip tied them together. Took like 5 mins and looks better now.

·
Premium Member
943 Posts
I fitted the zip tie horizontally and made two holes in the plastic and the heat proofing.

The idea was to cover bigger surface so the heat insulation does not tear.

But your idea is simpler and looks neater. You can see the zip tie from above on mine.

·
Premium Member
1,218 Posts
Yer terrible design agreed but never got round to doing anything with it, also allows so many leaves etc to get down there. Will be going with the zip tie method, good shout

·
Premium Member
4,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yeah cable ties - drill 2 holes for each then went through and looped back through second hole - bit fiddly but worked perfectly
Can't believe its been like that for over 3 years and took 20 mins to fix

1 - 20 of 27 Posts