Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The drivers side handle is not letting me auto unlock the car and when i press the button on the handle to lock the car, it wont work either. Passenger side works fine.

Any ideas

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I think its water ingress mate mine always play up,i did give them an overhaul when i removed my handles for painting and they worked fine for a while but have just started to play up again!

Sent from my Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
148 Posts
id check your key fob battery first mate, mine stopped locking on the boot button when the batt was low but the other doors worked fine

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
You have to first lift up the top half of the door card this is done by removing the interior door handle and a few other bits then it just unclips with a sharp tug then the top half swings up, you then need to unplug the handsfree handle you will see the plug basically behind the door handle,with the door open you will see a small plastic gromet roughly the same height as the handle remove this and using a torch you will see a metal hook you need to pull this towards you ( i used an old wire coat hanger) then the barrel at the end of the handle will just pull out then you can slide the handle itself out.
sounds complicated but it is easy.

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
might change the card battery first then have a look at the handle. can you just swap batterys or will the key loose its settings

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
You can just replace the batteries it wont lose settings or anything

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
same side as mine, im having a go sometime next week at it. will let you knw how i get on

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
You can buy new buttons for the handles thats what i did about 20 quid each iirc mate..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts