Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as above back end slides quite a bit when cornering. rear left feels quite still compared to rear right. also traction control light flashes on most right hand corners no matter what speed.

any ideas

cheers
wullie

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
Have you tried other cornering techniques?

A slower entry speed where you have got the speed off in a straight line, then drive the first half of the bend with enough throttle to maintain speed, squeeze the throttle on as the limit point opens up and accelerating out the corner will make the car much more stable.

Trailbraking or lifting off on the way into the corner pushes give a wait transfer to the front of the car, with the slimy salty roads at the moment this will encourage the back end to get involved.

option 2 might be more fun some of the time, but you can often make better progress and be smoother with option 1.

If it is neither of the above then check tyre pressures and treads as a first step.

·
Premium Member
6,141 Posts
could be many things,but obviously first make sure you have decent tyres, and not too much air pressure in them.
It could just be the weather and slippery roads,or has the car always done it ?

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
I'd check your tyre tread for any uneven wear and general wear and also your tyre pressures. If they are ok then its your driving technique.
If you dont like the feeling of it, then I'd highly suggest that you reduce your speed in a straight line as Alc said, come off the brakes, get the car nice and balanced before you turn in and maintain your speed through the corner, only then accelerate when you are almost out of the corner, i.e. can have your wheels pointing straight.
You'll find this technique allows you to keep a faster pace and get your power down quicker once out of the bend.
Obviously if you want a bit of excitement, start feeding in the power after the apex of the bend but make sure you can handle anything the car will throw at you.

·
Premium Member
5,759 Posts
Unless you are being a knob, there is something wrong with the car. Leaking dampers are one thing, but it could be a variety of problems.

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
cheers ellwood and bmh.01. know its not my driving technique. had the car for nearly 2 years and tyres are a couple of months old all round. ive been able to drive my road comfortably at 100mph before but now goin over 80 on some of the corners is a bit dodgy. will get rear checked out. thanks for all inputs

wullie

·
Premium Member
403 Posts
I think your keyboard is malfunctioning... check the number pad... I think you tried to type "70mph before now"... and "over 50 on some corners"... or it could be the Regional Settings that need to be changed... you might have it set to German!! :)

It's the twitchy backend that gets me round half the corners in my area ;)

·
Premium Member
3,215 Posts
I think your keyboard is malfunctioning... check the number pad... I think you tried to type "70mph before now"... and "over 50 on some corners"... or it could be the Regional Settings that need to be changed... you might have it set to German!! :)

It's the twitchy backend that gets me round half the corners in my area ;)
lol there's been quite a few keyboard malfunctions on here!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts