Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Not sure if you were aware but I play guitar in a band and we will be touring in October this year around the UK, please see details on our Myspace site for details (see signature for address). 2 dates have been confirmed so far but we are in talks with promoters in Newcastle, London and the south coast. In addition, for any music followers out there that may be able to help arrange a gig for us, we are also looking to play at any decent music venue around the country.

If you are interested just get in touch. Failing that, it would be great to see you at a gig.

Many thanks for reading and all the best,
Hugh

·
Premium Member
10,543 Posts
I had a look at your site and you are actually quite good, IMHO. Good luck with you tour, and if you play near Milton Keynes let me know, I'll come along

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There are alot of decent places you could play in Newcastle. Have you got anywhere lined up?

·
Registered
5,267 Posts
shugs,

If your band is who i think you are then a friend of a friend had his computer fixed by one of your band members a couple of weeks back.

·
Premium Member
12,190 Posts
Alex said:
shugs,

If your band is who i think you are then a friend of a friend had his computer fixed by one of your band members a couple of weeks back.

Now that is a claim to fame!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
tour

Cactusbob,

Thanks for the kind words. Will keep you posted if we are around your area in October.

Nick The Greek,

Newcastle is definately on our list but as yet we don't have any venues confirmed. Do you happen to have a quick list of some good ones our management could approach? Any help is greatly appreciated and I'm sure if we manage to play near you there will be a few tickets going your way if you were interested.

Alex,

There might be a bit of confusion here as we are just 'Carter', not 'Carter USM or 'Carter the Unstopable Sex Machine' in case that is who you were thinking of. I don't think any of our group would have fixed you pal's PC, sorry. I would be lying if the name hasn't caused some confusion but I always use the analogy of the Arctic Monkeys/ The Monkees etc i.e a 'similar' name but different.

Thanks to everyone who has posted so far, more dates are still to be confirmed obviously but if you are interested just keep a lookout on our Myspace site as it is updated daily with any news/ tour dates etc.

Cheers
Hugh

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I really depends on what type of venue your looking to play at. Pubs and clubs or slightly larger venues like the City Hall? There's too many to list any off the top of my head but i'll look into it and post a list on here. Hope that helps.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
tour

Hi Nick,

A list would be fine mate thanks very much. We probably would (if I'm honest) struggle with places like the City Hall, great venue but we don't have that big a following outwith our local area to justify booking a place like that. We are looking at decent music orientated clubs (a few hundred capacity) or even really good music orientated pubs either to support bands in the area on a bill or us play as headliner act with local support.

Don't go too mad with the list as I don't want to take up your time if your busy. Maybe just the place in question and a contact number or email would be magic. Failing that, just a list of a few places and I'll get our management to do the rest.

Many thanks in advance,
Hugh

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry haven't had a minute to look at some places.

Can't think of any clubs for music off the top of my head. Theres a few pubs that play live music. Will get a list up soon.

You having any joy sorting anywhere out?

·
Registered
5,267 Posts
In north london there are plenty of venue's for live music

In Kentish town there is the bull and gate pub (next door the Forum)
Camden - Dublin Castle pub / Barfly / Underworld (Club)
Highbury - The Garage

Hope this helps.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
tour

Hi Chaps,

Thanks for the info, we are currently confirming a gig with 'lark in the park', Islington, London so will let you all know when that is scheduled for as and when it is fully confirmed. I think we have also been in touch with the Dublin Castle but not sure what's going on with that one, will ask the guys doing the booking about that one.

Thanks for the help so far,

cheers
Hugh

1 - 12 of 12 Posts