Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
started the car this afternoon and it said "battery low " put my intelligent charger on it and it says "weak " any one had to replace one yet ? will it be under warrenty ?

·
Premium Member
2,501 Posts
Had it been sitting for a while mate? These cold temperatures don't help, keep mine on a trickle charge as it sits for a couple of weeks at a time.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mine does sit in the garage for long spells , i usually use a trickle charger on my cars but have nt bothered with the renault , i was just installing bluefin when message came up so ill take it off tomorrow and get a new battery , do you loose any thing if the battery is completely disconnected ?

·
Premium Member
2,501 Posts
Surely the battery should last longer than that?? Is it not worth giving it a good charge and seeing how it fares??

·
Registered
964 Posts
Not sure about the battery, nowadays they hold charge for weeks inbetween starts, keeping it on a trickle charge if its stood for a while wouldn't harm. Let us know how you get on with the bluefin, be nice to know if it makes a noticable difference.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i think i ve saved the battery , put it on extra condition over night and this morning its holding a strong charge , ive installed the w\ proof socket for my charger into the front grill just above the drls so ill keep it on conditioning charge now while the cold weather is here
i decided on the bluefin cause like the thought of being able to remove the map when i want , was going to go RS tuning for a forge cooler and a map but got talked out of the cooler by several tuning companies saying if im not using the car on track regularly was a waste of time
the bluefin unit is great quality and is really easy to use unfortunatley not been able to try the results yet as ive got 18 inches of snow up my garage door !!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
I have had that message twice now, the first time i had driven it about 70 miles parked up then got in the car about 3 hours later and the message came up, took it to Renault and as usual the message was not on the screen so they said it was fine.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
when the message came up the car started fine but because my inteli charger said "weak" there must have been a problem some where

·
Premium Member
2,501 Posts
I wonder if it's more a notification than a warning! Did the message show as you started it or once it was running??

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
before i started it , was copying my oem map on to bluefin , superchips did say to ignore any dash lights while doing this as it does strange things , connected my charger after this ......

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
Hi.
The car's computer monitors the battery level and warns you if it goes below the specified level for starting the engine.

We had cars in the showroom show this all the time. A quick run of the engine and it holds the charge.
If it gets too low, the check injectors, etc message comes up and will not start.

I hope this helps.
Andy

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks andy , I ve had this problem with most of my cars due to me not using them much during the winter , that why I brought the dogs boll### of battery chargers , ill keep it plugged in now during the cold weather

1 - 15 of 15 Posts