Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Popped down to bedford on saturday to watch afew members lapping on a soaking wet bedford :)

No particular order to these and not exactly great photo's but it was raining and cold :surrender:

Still afew more to upload.

·
Premium Member
2,501 Posts
Nice photos mate. Love the ones of the R26.R chasing down the FRS. Good selection of motors there by the looks of it.

·
Premium Member
2,586 Posts
Thanks for coming out to take some pictures mate. I met the chap with the blue meg but ant remember his name. Can anyone help me. It was a good day but it did serve to remind me why I don't do days with easy track and the like. Took over an hour to get out of the pits. Not exactly an open pit lane :( Rain made it fun in the end. Hoops and I went for a bit of tail wagging and just before the end of the day the R8 and I had some fun down the back of the circuit. One time resulting in me forgetting my braking zone. The car is in even more need of a clean now than it ever was.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Want to say a big thank you to Ed for the great pics - well done matey and shame we didn't get introduced - hope to see you on another track day. It was good to finally meet Kev and Scott, great bunch of chaps and i look forward to the next one (lets get Snetterton 300 booked Scott!!!). The Black R26R is mine and i have to say it was the first time ive driven it more than a handful of miles since i bought it last month. The car behaved impeccably and i have to say it impressed me more than i expected it to. I can honestly say that nothing over took me all day and i was even pleasantly surprised how the R held its own down the back straight. The brand new R888's were fantastic in the dry once the heat got into them but i bled them down to 25psi and in all honesty it was too low for the track temp. Then the rain hit hard and i reluctantly went out - but then absolutely loved it!! It gave me the chance to deal with the R when it lets go and i had a lot of "moments" but they were all manageable including the scariest moment when i got far too excited overtaking an R8 coming out of a corner and the R went completely sideways but i buried my foot on the loud pedal and she just snapped back and fired forward taking me past the R8 that then went straight onto to overshot the next corner trying to take me back - hilarious!! Anyway, had a great day, met some good people and i look forward with anticipation to the next one.

·
Premium Member
2,457 Posts
Saw the weather and thought better of it saturday morning - bedford can be a bleak place in the cold and wet!!

Great photos though - cars are looking fantastic chaps - keep us all posted for the next outing.

·
Registered
254 Posts
looks great guys...i think im going to go to bedford for my first track day as iv heard its a good place to start :-D
I would say it is a fairly good place for a beginner as there are lots of run offs that potentially wouldn't end in hitting armco or walls etc - however, the circuit we did is 4 miles long and so is maybe not so easy to master quickly - also if you do run off onto the newly seeded grass Mr Jonathan Palmer will be sending you a substantial bill to help fund his helicopter! Personally i found the circuit pretty boring and wouldn't rush back to do it again in a hurry.

·
Club Member
7,528 Posts
I thought the same of it , I did Cadwell yesterday and must say its close to my favourite track and I can see why they call it the mini nurburgring I had a fantastic time and was lucky enough to go out with an ards instructor who managed to shed 5 seconds off my lap time , I'll be booking there again ASAP

·
Registered
233 Posts
Great pics Ed - thanks! (Nice twingo btw, but where's your .R?)

I agree that Bedford isn't the most interesting circuit - I quite like it (in the dry) though. Snetterton on Sunday 1st April is a possibility if anyone is up for it?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts