Megane Sport Forum banner

Been out in K-tec's 225!

3K views 33 replies 8 participants last post by  andy bassett 
#1 ·
Well all i can say is WOW!

I had never been bothered about remapping, but Fook me i'm getting it done!
It is far quicker than standard, knocked me back in the seat and was boosting to 14psi instantly

Tried to talk to Dave afterwards but i couldn't stop grinning, the lads in their must have though i was a right kid!

It felt like when i went from my 1.8 zafira to the 225!

Also the exhaust they have fitted is the 3" stainless one, sounds awsome aswell!

Phil :D

#4 ·
Too right mate, i felt like i could take on a ferrari!
with the standard car it seems to come on boost and accelerate at a steady pace
this beast just pulled and pulled like a train!
It was like the acceleration you get at 5Krpm+ o standard but from 2500rpm
Very impressed! still smiling :D

#7 ·
Not sure around 270 as standard i think, they are going on the rollers soon
but they have the SS exhaust and intercooler so must be knocking on 280 at least!

It certainly felt like a lot more power and torque than standard!

#19 ·
Diegza said:
Great! Paul, wjhat about the sad part of the story(money) how much does it costed you? Hey, the 3" exhaust you just fitted do you know how much HP's gain againts the 2.5"...I have the 2.5" and I want to change it for the 3"...

Thanks
It costs around £400 i think, but i'm sure Dave posted a while back saying £300 + VAT as an introductory offer.
I havent fitted the exhaust it was all on K-tecs car, I'm sure the larger diameter does allow it to breath easier but no figures yet.

#23 ·
it is slightly noticible in the difference in power, you can feel it pulling that litttle harder with the cooler on and the other bits just help it out abit i think,
iv said this from day one i dont think the zorst mods make any difference in power, maybe just majbe you might see 3-4 bhp gain but nothing to blow the roof of, the de-cat will only be the best way on a zorst mod to gain more bhp, a de-cat scooby will give up 30-40bhp extra thats a fact.
so you got to be looking at 20bhp on the megane.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.