Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought i'd have a go at carbon wrapping, so i picked up some small bits from the scrap yard and gave it a go, see what you think.
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

All done in genuine 2x2 twill.
cheers
Brendan

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They arent perfect to be honest but for a first go im happy with them. Im not sure if they are good enough to sell on especially if you are a perfectionist lol but if you are will to take a small risk i might consider it, after all practice makes perfect lol. Cheers for the comments guys

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Look pretty good to me for a first crack mate. Liking the interior stuff, nice one. Exterior door handles next :)

·
Registered
563 Posts
How do you get that shiney finish? I had a try on my B-Pillars, come out well, held out through the rain so far.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i used 3 coats of laqure (how ever you spell it) then left them for a few days to harden up, then lots of elbow grease with cutting paste and polish.
cheers

·
Premium Member
4,523 Posts
good on you mate - is far from an easy job, just far too time consuming for me - impossible trying to do it with my Family!

Door handles look good - am getting mine done but using a pro
Love the gear stick surround - looks like a genuine part

Streamline are bringing the wiper backing plate out in full carbon in next few weeks in case any one fancies one

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No for the first effort its very tricky, but i recon i could get it better next time around just from what i learnt this time.
Thanks for the nice comments, i going to have another go after christmas.

cheers

1 - 13 of 13 Posts