Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. Just wondering what the best alternative tyre is for the Michelin pilot sport 2. Was looking at continental contact sport 3 and it looks very similar. Any suggestions? Cheers jp

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
Continental 5p?

I've had them on my front for awhile now and have no complaints. Will be putting them on the back when the time comes depending on the price at the time.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm looking for a decent 2nd hand one with good amount if tread, but they're not easy to find ! Someone is selling 2 on here but his inbox is full !

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Good reviews on the Conti 5p. My front ps2's are down to 1.5m above the marker, once they're gone I'll be getting some 5p's instead. On black circles they're actually about £20 cheaper than the PS2's at the moment (in 235/40/18) too.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cool. I'm finding it hard to find just 1 tyre with 6-7mm tread so that it matches the pilot sport on the other side, which is only 9 months old . Unfortunately, I can't afford to buy a new pair.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just need a decent second hand one that compliments the Pilot Sport 2 on the rear with 6-7mm tread.

Are contact sport 3's not quite similar to Pilot sport 2's?

No point forking out for something that isn't needed.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
The contact sport 3 should be fine then.

I had an Eagle F1 on my car with 3 PS2's and it was fine. Tracked the car with the mismatched tyre and it was all ok.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Good reviews on the Conti 5p. My front ps2's are down to 1.5m above the marker, once they're gone I'll be getting some 5p's instead. On black circles they're actually about £20 cheaper than the PS2's at the moment (in 235/40/18) too.
But only appear to be lasting 7k when ps2's are good for 14k.
The mich is quiet a cheap tyre when price v grip v £mile is taken into account.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Really?
That's not great mileage....

I'm only getting about 9k out of my PS2's (I drive a very coarse concrete road on the way to work every day which doesn't help!)

I may have to consider the F1 on my next tyre change then if it'll improve the durability (I've got a seperate set for the track so that doesn't matter).

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Really?
That's not great mileage....

I'm only getting about 9k out of my PS2's (I drive a very coarse concrete road on the way to work every day which doesn't help!)

I may have to consider the F1 on my next tyre change then if it'll improve the durability (I've got a seperate set for the track so that doesn't matter).
Just what i read on here. No experience myself on the life of a conti so don't hold me to it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts