Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I urgently need to buy a set of front R888's for my R26.R - ive got Bedford this Saturday and to be honest i don't think whats on the car will last on the track and get me home again safely!!

Any ideas as to the best/cheapest place to source a set of fronts??

·
Premium Member
3,215 Posts
I think sticks are still low every where mate. you could try camskill and protyre. or get a set of federals maybe?

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
There is a tyre trader on ebay selling kumho v70a's in medium or hard compound at the minute in 225/40/18's. I have just got 4 new medium compound for £471 delivered.

I know they are not the std tyres for the R, but reports suggest better dry lap times than the R888's and stand up well to temp also.

Just an idea as these are usually a very expensive tyre.

Let me know if you want the guys number.

·
Premium Member
2,457 Posts
Toxic Rides in Hertford always got the best prices for my for 888s - Duncan is the fella there, he'll fit them too.

However, you really need direzza 03Gs in your life, pricier, but so much betterer.

I'm going to finish off a set of pilot sport cups on saturday - think it'll be a slow drive home, lol!!

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks to Kev for the info - cheers fella. Managed to get some from Camskill at £190 a corner - they are being delivered today. Thanks again chaps.

·
Registered
233 Posts
As mentioned before - Camskill. I've switched to Yokohama AD048's - seem to be almost as grippy as 888's but slightly more tread and more durable compound. A bit more expensive though.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
As mentioned before - Camskill. I've switched to Yokohama AD048's - seem to be almost as grippy as 888's but slightly more tread and more durable compound. A bit more expensive though.
Thanks for the info too Scott - and yes Camskills were mentioned a few times and they did indeed work out to be the cheapest and in stock. They got mis-sorted by City Link so i didn't get them until today but at least ive got them now and will have them fitted before Saturdays outing. What time are you aiming to get to Bedford on Sat Scott?

·
Premium Member
2,652 Posts
How strict are they on spectators? The r isn't currently road worthy but if I have to, I could be tempted to book the twingo on.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts