Megane Sport Forum banner

Bit Strange!!

2K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  kris86 
#1 ·
Only today its started to happen, i can drive the car and its fine, no issues at all. Once ive pushed the engine button to turn it off, as the car is cutting out there is quite a vibration compared to normal and a sort of belt squeaking noise along with a bit of quiet knocking noise. Anyone know what this could be?

#3 ·
Vibration when turning off is a weird thing i've noticed on multiple cars mine included when the outside temp gets below 5c or so. Above that its smooth, no idea what it could be tbh its very strange. Mines done it for ever anyway so I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Possible aux pulley worn is the only shot in the dark i've got.

#7 ·
That's all well and good, but I've been waiting over a year for something to fall off the engine of mine... The noise is pretty bad (especially when stopped in traffic/road side with the engine revs not hiding it!!)... Nothing would seem to be 'wrong', no power loss or warning lights... just sounds like a tractor!! ;)

#11 ·
Never really tried the air con, will have a try tomorow but it seemed better to today with the weather being warmer. Its still there but not as bad.

I dont know which mount it was the lad just changed it, will see him monday and ask him.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.