Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Woke up this morning as normal. I was about to go to work so walked up to the car as normal but then noticed broken brake light cover in pieces next to the car. As I got to the boot my worst nightmare was confirmed.

:crying:

I thought it was a hit and run. I knocked on the neighbours door to ask if they saw anything but unfortunatly not, but they did say the bin men where around. As I went back to the car I noticed the bin men where working faster than normal and thats when I clicked, its them.

I was ready to beat backsides but as I stoped the bin truck, the driver admited and gave me his details. Lucky too as I was about to inflict the equivalent damage to his face. I went to renault for a quote and called the company. The MD came out to see the car and appologised. They agreed to pay everything.

I took him to the garage to pay everything up front so that I can do this without telling the insurance.

Still my poor car.:crying::censored::cussing::hang::bonkers:

If I staid at home just 10 seconds longer they would have escaped and left me with a £1200 bill. Luckily the rear bumper can be repaired as that would have been £400 on its own without spray.

This is now accident number 3 plus each time I was parked when the clowns bumped into me.

By the way his excuse was that I should not have parked there (in front of my own house?!?)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Glad you got it sorted.

It's not an ideal place to park though, and if they hadn't been so kind I'm sure they could of got away blame free as you parked within 10m of a junction.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Lucky you got there in time as you said.

But as Jenic pointed out, it's not the best place to park (assuming that's where the collision occurred)

·
Premium Member
5,759 Posts
Officially you shouldn't be parking there ala 243 of the highway code which states you shouldn't park within 10m of a junction, so he's right in what he's saying.

"Private" road isn't a private road as its publically assessible so the highway code applies.

You're mad for parking it there though the fact that its been hit 3 times hasn't told you anything? I'd be parking further down the side of the house at the very least, I wouldn't leave mine there thats for sure.

·
Registered
5,203 Posts
House ownership can often extend to a selfish implied ownership of territory not defined in a set of deeds but assumed to be possessed by dint of dwelling location, historical precedence or that common working class excuse ‘I have always parked my car there – its my spot’.

In today’s modern world of expected convenience, the effort required to employ Gods wonderful gift of biped mobility to move more than a few metres from one location to another exceeds many peoples immediate capacity.

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
When I said its my 3rd accident I didn't mean they all happened in the same spot. 1 the car slid into a garage door because I didn't put the hand brake on properly. 2. A taxi reversed into me and now 3 bin truck reversed into me.

What you guys don't know is that within the complex everyone has 1 parking spot but almost everyone has 2 or more cars so parking is quite a fight. It just so happened that I parked there. Many people park there as space is quite scarce.

But again if it was an ambulance parked there, If my car broke down,or if it was any other car I think people should be taking turns more carefully. If my car broke down in the middle of the road it is assumed that other drivers would be vigilant enough to respond to possible hazards.

But yes, if there was a choice I would definitely park in a safer spot.

But car is booked in to the doctors on Monday.

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
WTF are those wheels, 3 spokes??!!

Least youll get the paintwork fixed - one of those things tbh.
I really like three spoke alloys and think the car look cool with them. At first I thought maybe I should get other ones but I think I will keep them. Especially now that I know no one will steel them.

By the way, I think your car would look great with 3 spoke alloys.

·
Premium Member
1,783 Posts
Woke up this morning as normal. I was about to go to work so walked up to the car as normal but then noticed broken brake light cover in pieces next to the car. As I got to the boot my worst nightmare was confirmed.

:crying:

I thought it was a hit and run. I knocked on the neighbours door to ask if they saw anything but unfortunatly not, but they did say the bin men where around. As I went back to the car I noticed the bin men where working faster than normal and thats when I clicked, its them.

I was ready to beat backsides but as I stoped the bin truck, the driver admited and gave me his details. Lucky too as I was about to inflict the equivalent damage to his face. I went to renault for a quote and called the company. The MD came out to see the car and appologised. They agreed to pay everything.

I took him to the garage to pay everything up front so that I can do this without telling the insurance.

Still my poor car.:crying::censored::cussing::hang::bonkers:

If I staid at home just 10 seconds longer they would have escaped and left me with a £1200 bill. Luckily the rear bumper can be repaired as that would have been £400 on its own without spray.

This is now accident number 3 plus each time I was parked when the clowns bumped into me.

By the way his excuse was that I should not have parked there (in front of my own house?!?)
Dont show these pics to the insurance company if they ask for any
Not only close to the junction but also mounting and obstructing the pavement.

My brother got 3 points on his licence for doing the same.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts