Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just noticed that part of the centre console on the ridge has blistered. Looks a bit like your skin when a blister from burn bursts.

Has any one else had this problem ?

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
The satin coat is just a thin layer of rubber. I've actually just bought a phone case that appears to be a similar material and that's falling apart in front of my eyes (though for £2.99 I didn't expect better!). The Renault one does seem to be pretty strong though. I'd get in touch with the dealer and complain if I were you.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I think I have the exact same issue, it feels like a bubble on the passenger side of the dash, I'll see if I can get a decent photo too

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Did the same to mine. Looks a lot better than standard!

I'd like to do the plastic underneath the gear stick and handbrake too.
I thought about doing that but not sure how to remove the panel, may have a go one of the day when I am bored, it would look good with a alcantara gear gator and handbrake cover.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
That's why I stopped too. Plus my sheet wasn't quite big enough.

I did do the plastic piece above the glovebox though. That was my main reason for getting the stuff as I'd managed to scratch it and thought the 3M stuff would be a nice way of hiding it!

I had a lot of fun removing just the right amount of vinyl around the starter button though, it kept sticking and I had to keep trimming a tiny bit more away!

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
when I did mine I wrapped it all then heated the areas up so it was soft and folded it into the gap with a plastic vynal application tool and then cut it in the crease and it has been fine.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts