Megane Sport Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could someone help me ? I decided to check my spark plugs yesterday, when it was time to put the 10mm coil pack bolts back in I seemed to have ripped the thread out of the hole the bolt goes in :censored: does anyone have any ideas how to resolve this ? thanks

·
Meganesport Area Rep - South West
6,404 Posts
its not head off i dont think just the cam cover? machine shop/ engneering company should be able to do it in situ.
if not its cam belt off cover off and give it to them

·
Premium Member
2,230 Posts
When they drill & put the rough tap in to create the thread that hold the helicoil there will be swarf in the bore. Personally I wouldn't rely on vacuum & compressed air to get it out.

·
Premium Member
2,230 Posts
If you don't remove the plug how you gonna get the helicoil in between the plug & the head. I had to do it on 1 of my old 2 stroke bikes & there was quite a bit of swarf when I drilled the plug hole out in order to make the hole bigger so that the helicoil would fit

·
Premium Member
5,759 Posts
Helicoil as said, i've done quite a few. Thread is way stronger after helicoiling, far better than the original (as it should be).

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Cool I took it down to a local garage where my friend works and he re tapped it a size bigger, i think 7mm so all is good. thanks for all your support

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.