Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
installed bluefin last weekend but due to the weather had nt been able to try it till today , first impressions the difference is not neck braking but the all round performance is great the car now pulls hard but silky smooth from nothing right to the limiter , the engine seems more free and goes though the rev counter really fast
i like this kind of power delivery i always have in my vag cars in the past ive always opted for custom code a lot of the other guys went for revo as they prefered not much low down then a big kick in the back at 3k rpm
i would like to try an RS TUNING mapped car now as a comparison but the bluefin for me has made a great car an outstanding one and i love that i can re move the map for servicing etc
one other thing i would nt be with out the mudflaps now either , car keeps lots cleaner :yes[1]:

·
Events Co-ordinator
1,347 Posts
It won't make a difference removing the map for servicing because if RENAULT do plug in a clip they can tell if the ecu his been flashed

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It won't make a difference removing the map for servicing because if RENAULT do plug in a clip they can tell if the ecu his been flashed
i know that but i can remove it to stop service guys thrashing hell out of it in there lunch oh sorry test drive !!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Yes on mégane RS 3 trophy
Stock : 282,5 bhp
bluefin : 307,9 bhp
thats not much of an increase to be honest.i was quoted a figure of an extra 49 bhp and 66 newtons from a superchips bluefin remap.This would give similar figures to yours but from a std 250 (not a 265 trophy).If you say yours stock is 282 and now you are getting 307bhp then that is only an increase of 25 bhp.I would be pretty miffed actually.

·
Registered
286 Posts
thats not much of an increase to be honest.i was quoted a figure of an extra 49 bhp and 66 newtons from a superchips bluefin remap.This would give similar figures to yours but from a std 250 (not a 265 trophy).If you say yours stock is 282 and now you are getting 307bhp then that is only an increase of 25 bhp.I would be pretty miffed actually.
I'm assuming that the bluefin map for the trophy is the same as for the 250, hence it will apply the same settings to each car (boost pressure, air:fuel ratios etc). The 265 trophy has a slightly higher boost pressure than the 250 to start with, if the bluefin applies the same settings to each then the trophy driver will see a lesser gain, as both cars would make the same power (or near enough) once mapped - only an assumption though, correct me if I'm wrong.

Hence why its best to go for a custom map from somewhere like RS tuning, though I appreciate that its not an option for some due to travel etc.

·
Premium Member
1,105 Posts
Remember they are assuming your car is 250 stock - so by delivering 308bhp they have in fact given you an extra 9bhp over the 49bhp quoted. They can't possibly take into account the fact that a car is already producing well over the quoted figure and THEN add 49bhp on top of that.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i dont think mine will be 300 bhp , ive had a mk 5 golf gti ed 30 and an audi s3 both re mapped to 300 bhp and both felt more powerful not faster but more grunt , tried it with out the bluefin at bthe weekend and it does make quite a difference!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm assuming that the bluefin map for the trophy is the same as for the 250, hence it will apply the same settings to each car (boost pressure, air:fuel ratios etc). The 265 trophy has a slightly higher boost pressure than the 250 to start with, if the bluefin applies the same settings to each then the trophy driver will see a lesser gain, as both cars would make the same power (or near enough) once mapped - only an assumption though, correct me if I'm wrong.

Hence why its best to go for a custom map from somewhere like RS tuning, though I appreciate that its not an option for some due to travel etc.
Superchips have in progress a Stage 2 whit cat-back exhaust + sportcat + intercooler = 330 bhp
The bluefin is the same that mégane 250 bhp
In France the normal remap for 250 bhp and Trophy give the same power
the only difference ( rs and trophy ) is the turbo boost.......
I have a friend the have a ford focus rs ...we have testing.....and i winn
Bluefin for me is Top systeme
Sorry for bad Englich...........:-(

·
Registered
14 Posts

Superchips have in progress a Stage 2 whit cat-back exhaust + sportcat + intercooler = 330 bhp
The bluefin is the same that mégane 250 bhp
In France the normal remap for 250 bhp and Trophy give the same power
the only difference ( rs and trophy ) is the turbo boost.......
I have a friend the have a ford focus rs ...we have testing.....and i winn
Bluefin for me is Top systeme
Sorry for bad Englich...........:-(

1 - 20 of 22 Posts