Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
superchips have 20% off till the end of the year but i want to wait till jan would any one be interested if i talk to superchips and see if they ll do a deal if a few of us guys have them in the new year ?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I pick up my Cup Trophee on the 16th of January and I am looking for a Re-map so let me know.... I am in Australia

·
Registered
28 Posts
has anyone with Superchips remap been on the rollers of RS Tuning? I would really like to know the result on their rollers....

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I like the look of the bluefin and the way it can be put on and of the as you want , I read good reviews on the megane too also like how if superchips come up with a better map its easy and free to up grade

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not too bothered about the numbers and figures either to me its more important how the car feels on the road

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
why are people obsessed with numbers, as bananaRS said it is all about how the car drives, when I had m FST I always run it on a lower powered map because the car felt better to drive.
dont bluefin offer a 7 day return policy anyway so if you don't like it send it back for full refund.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
superchips do some very smooth maps and the beauty of having a handset so you can return the car to std if it needs to go back to reno + the price and free upgrade its a bit of a bargin at the mo

·
Premium Member
1,449 Posts
was running bluefin on my ex Corsa VXR/OPC, really like the possibility to be able put the map back to standard or uprage your car into st 1 or 2 or 3 in your garage, but as the "map is from shelf" id dont exactly fit each engine (had there big drop at 4k rpm) as also who think it can read error codes - that doens work really well with me not just once :(

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
any one else using the bluefin on the 250 ? would really like there opinion
if RS TUNING can talk me out of the bluefin i would like to listen ???

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've been running a Bluefin tune in my RS250 for the last 5000ks - no issues at all , plus you have the benefit of being able to use the tuner to clear error messages ( check injectors etc... that I got after installing forge blow-off valve(before installing blanking plate)). The tune gave a great car just a bit more stick!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Did you buy your bluefin in Australia or import it yourself? Seems it would be less than $600 from the UK, but over $750 here. Is it worth spending the money and did your local dealer have anything to say about the warranty?

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
Hi Brano.

What did you mean
(had there big drop at 4k rpm)

I am still tempted. I tried one for 2 days. The Bluefin messed up the copmuter had to remove the programme clean up and do a big restore [on XP]
Also at 70 in 6th it would not pull. Just made a bit of noise, turbo blew, light vibration but we went nowhere. So quickly took it off and sent it back.

I thought there were two different ECU's out there newer and older so the car used for development was an earlier model mine was a 2011MY.
So a bit of a quandry really.
Wish nearby K TEC woild do a deal.

Cheers Andy

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi Pommie , I bought mine here , from the local (NZ & Oz) rep.It was about $600.
Warranty? I haven't been back to my dealer ( & am not in a hurry to do so ) , however Bluefin guarantee that their tune should not affect warranty? - but I'll cross that hurdle if I get to it.
If my dealer wants to have a go at me about warranty , he could also question my exhaust,blow-off valve,actuator,wheel spacers.etc... I have made a choice to have my car the way I want it!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi pommie , my car is just over 12 months old, purchased from City Autos in Richmond, Melbourne - but I've only done 7500ks , & I changed the oil & filter at 1000 & 5000ks , I might go to Alpine Affaire if I want a dealer service.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks Mothman, I am looking for other servicing options once I get the car modified. What would you say the best mod is that you have done to your car? I might be getting ahead of myself a bit, I don't even get it for another 3 weeks. I got a white Trophee cup.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have my car chipped with angel tuning in the edinburgh region for only 275 pounds and produces 307bhp on rolling road and an increase of 52 torques best value i have found so far!!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts