Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When i pull on my bonnet release leaver, nothing happens so its ether came off or the cable has snapped. As its uner warrenty still i took it to the garage and they had it a whole day but when i picked it up could tell they had barely tried and told me they couldnt find anywhere to get to it and will ring me back on monday to take it back. But im hoping someone will be able to give me a bit of luck and point me on how to do it and ill just do it instead of taking it back and losin a day been stuck with no car

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
Funnily enough, Mine stopped working yesterday,

I went to pop the bonnet to fill my washer bottle and there was no resistance in the lever at all,

I had a quick look last night in the dark but was unsuccessful,

Once I get out of work in a couple of hours I'm going to have another look,

If I figure something out Ill post back

·
Registered
65 Posts
had this the other month, struggled with it for ages, my brother (mechanic) jacked up the front end, moved the s**t shields out of the way and used something long and thing straight up inside the engine bay and pushed open the bonnet catch manually, then cable tied the buggar together so that it wouldnt happen again.

Hope this helps?

alex

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
Well due to the rain I couldn't do this yesterday but I have just been out and had a look..

The cable in the foot well is connected and moving the cable in and out. but the initial release is not working so I suspect the cable has snapped somewhere inside the engine bay :mad::mad:

I can move the 2nd release but fine but thats doing nothing

Trip to the dealers for me I think :dazed002:

·
Premium Member
2,945 Posts
As Brownale did struggled from underneath to get the catch open , the cable goes from the footwell through to the front slam panel where it sits in a square plastic clip the end of my cable had popped out of here ,put it back in and copper greased it been ok since

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
I suspected it would be an underneath job unless I can figur out a way of removing the vent from the bumper without breaking it

·
Registered
387 Posts
have you tried pulling the release handle while someone else is pushing down on the front of the bonnet on top of where the catch sits. When my wife's clio cable intermitently stopped working this usually got the bonnet open.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Im on nights tomorrow so going to have a go myself by going throu the bottom of the engine bay but just depends if i can get it high enough, but i can see myself getting stressed and just giving up and making them do it throu the warrenty

1 - 9 of 9 Posts