Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the last day I seem to have developed a bit of an issue with my brakes (I have a 250 with cup with just over 2500 miles).

When braking at speed (60/70) it is making a noise. Sounds like its coming from the front.
I dont know if it's a psychological thing caused by the noise its making, but it doesn't feel like it's braking as it did previously.

At low speeds there is no noise and it feels fine.

Anyone had this experience and if so is it time for my first trip to the dealer since I bought it?

I thought it might be a bit of grit stuck between the pad and disc and that it might work its way loose.

·
Registered
63 Posts
mines are doing the same, noise at low speed sounds like down to metal. but there not, so pads out at week end . ive got 15500 on them

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
The grooved discs do make a noise...
Indeed they do. Especially at high speeds. It sounds a bit odd if you're not used to grooved discs.

My standard brake pads used to squeak a little before stopping too, my CL5+ squeak pretty much all the time under light/medium braking.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I have done around 5k in mine and my brakes squeak quite loud at very low speed i.e coming to a stop when parking up or reversing. Was considering getting them looked at but would this be due to grooved discs as well? braking performance seems to be fine to me

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
I have done around 5k in mine and my brakes squeak quite loud at very low speed i.e coming to a stop when parking up or reversing. Was considering getting them looked at but would this be due to grooved discs as well? braking performance seems to be fine to me
This is pretty much normal for Brembos as far as I'm aware.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
First time I hqve experienced grooved discs so I expectit will be that.
Definately isn't affecting their performance.

Cheers all.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts