Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi people. any one know what this could be? when i break hard or some times accelerate fast. I get bang noise or a thud from the font and have know idea what this could be. any ideas?

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it is coming from the drivers side any idea how much it would cost to fix a ball joint? thanks

·
Registered
806 Posts
Hi people. any one know what this could be? when i brake hard or some times accelerate fast. I get bang noise or a thud from the font and have know idea what this could be. any ideas?
You're supposed to be a car enthusiast!

·
Premium Member
2,959 Posts
I've got the same problem.... All my engine mounts are ok, I am thinking it's a suspension top mount..

·
Premium Member
403 Posts
Hi people. any one know what this could be? when i break hard or some times accelerate fast. I get bang noise or a thud from the font and have know idea what this could be. any ideas?
I get banging when under 'hard' braking... it's usually the front of the car grounding out!!! But I'm looking to get the upper mount replaced soon... knocking sound when pulling away/clutch engaging (more so when cold!!)... I'm hoping it (along with the vibrations) is part of the mount weakening!! fingers crossed...

·
Premium Member
2,230 Posts
Mine has been doing the same for months on the drivers side. It is more noticeable going over the slightly raised kerb into my driveway. Mine isn't engine mounts as I have vibratechnics ones & they aren't that old. It sound more like a top mount.

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yer mines not the engine mounts afteral and is making the noise over slightly raised kerbs too. have you sorted your yet cos i anit got a clue now??

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
yer think its got to be my driver side suspension. gonna have to strip it down and have a look for damage

1 - 20 of 24 Posts