Megane Sport Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!

The 4 pot brembo dust boot broken after 2 days of track activity:dazed002:

Did anyone know the diameter of the piston or the part no. of the repair kit?:baby[1]:

Hope somebody can share their experience for this, thank you.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
News from local Renault dealer, there's no rebuild kit (piston seal & dust boot) for our brembo caliper.
They quote me a new caliper instead which cost about 1,320USD for each.

Will try to knock Brembo dealer door to see whether they can help.

·
Registered
159 Posts
yep, i take to the dealer and told them that the car was vibrating while braking (didn´t say anything about bended disk...) and they told me the disk even had blue marks due to overheat them .... and that the garanty could not cover them...

had to buy new set of them...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Jamie, what were the piston diameters if you dont mind me asking?
I have a dragging caliper and there's no rebuild kit available thru Renault. Is it 42mm for all 4 pistons or do we have a larger and smaller piston on each bank like most Brembos?

·
Registered
6 Posts
sadley you've been had buy your garage either through incompetence or just sheer stupidity, as said near impossible to warped disc, but pad build up on track day is very common and gives judder most folk think is warped disc. ive changed my brembo seals twice last year, after brutal heat applications in hot countries these kits are very good:

http://goo.gl/u0SBrO

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.