Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anobody managed to get the locking studs off the R26 without damaging the alloys ? .... im thinking maybe stud extractor ???

The gap between the alloy and the stud looks pretty close to me, not much room to get a socket in there ...
The garage broke my locking key whilst getting the brakes done, and Renault did'nt write the locking key code in my service book so i cant order a new one ! .. so im stuffed.

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Try national tyres mate, this happened to mine. They have some kind of tool to get them off. Run without them now!

·
Registered
53 Posts
I broke mine the first few days i had the car, imo the Renault locking nuts and keys are useless and always seem to snap. At the minute i've just got the five standard bolts in each wheel till i buy some new galvanised nuts and locking set.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Know anyone locally with a Rensaultsport? Try their one.

3 cars I've had could use each others locking nut keys, which is another reason not to keep the Renault ones on.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Know anyone locally with a Rensaultsport? Try their one.

3 cars I've had could use each others locking nut keys, which is another reason not to keep the Renault ones on.
I'll give that ago before going down the hard route. Dont think i'll be putting locking one's back on either, even on other cars i have had nothing but grief with the things.

·
Registered
574 Posts
what letter is on the end of the key ! are they renault bolts if so pop in local dealer and ask mechanic if they got any of same letter

1 - 10 of 10 Posts