Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I've recently baught an R26 and would just like to get a bit more info on it if anyone can help. The registration is as above, the logbook has just been sent off to put my private plate on it and DVLA have sent the application back stating the megane logbook was not the most recent edition.

I dont know what this could mean to me but i'd like to find some info out about the car. I did do a HPI check and nothing came up at the time (Late december) unless a recent entry has been made??

Any help guys

·
Registered
296 Posts
Sounds like there has been another log book issued after that one or there's a duplicate Book issued

How long you had had the car?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just since december 23rd. Bought from revitupuk.com. just dont want to find out there's a duplicate because its been awaiting an insurance CAT entry.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Might be as simple as the previous owner losing the logbook and ordering another then the old one being found at a later date and somehow you being given the wrong one when the car was sold?

·
Registered
370 Posts
Didn't the DVLA have problems with the old style V5's. I think people were making counterfeit ones so the DVLA made some changes to them and re-issued new ones to everyone. I got one not too long ago, I think they changed the colour from blue to red, if yours is blue then you haven't received the updated one.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the help. The car seems straight to me, has history for the windows and servicing and even the radio code. At least they went to Renault for it all. Hopefully it was just the V5 blue to red thing.

I managed to track one of the previous owners by searching an email they advertised with in the past, there were a set of house keys in the passenger door card so i could return them too. Guess it wasn't anyone from on here.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
The DVLA issued me with a new log book because aload had been stolen, cant remember but I think it might have been red instead of blue!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts