Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks,

Is there a guide anywhere on how to remove the front bumper?

Over the last week I've noticed a leak coming from my washer bottle. I topped it up last week with bright green screenwash and now have a puddle on my garage floor which is bright green.

At first I thought I'd just overfilled it and on checking it today the bottle does look full after using it this week a fair bit, so may simply stop after I use it a bit if it's been overfilled. I've done a quick search and dont see any issues with washer bottles.

·
Premium Member
2,501 Posts
Aren't you better going to the dealers? Why would you want to remove the bumper on a new motor, sounds a bit crazy IMO!!

·
Registered
758 Posts
if you go on forge motorsport web site , look at the inter cooler for the 250 there are down loadable fitting instructions that gives quite good details on removing the bumper hth

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Banana I'll check that out :biggthumpup:

U have haeadlight washers? R26s have leaky headlight washers, mine do it
Yes mate I do have headlight washers. Interesting. I'll see it better when I get the bumper off.

Aren't you better going to the dealers? Why would you want to remove the bumper on a new motor, sounds a bit crazy IMO!!
Not meaning to be flippant, but if I do it, I know its done right, at least the faultfinding part. I've had plenty experience with Reno mechanics on the wife's cars over the years and on the whole they are shocking past anything other than an oil change. The ones in my area anyway, so with that in mind its not really crazy IMHO !!!! Especially if its only going to be a dozen fasteners.

·
Premium Member
2,501 Posts
Not meaning to be flippant, but if I do it, I know its done right, at least the faultfinding part. I've had plenty experience with Reno mechanics on the wife's cars over the years and on the whole they are shocking past anything other than an oil change. The ones in my area anyway, so with that in mind its not really crazy IMHO !!!! Especially if its only going to be a dozen fasteners.
Sorry mate, wasn't having a go, I see your point, just wouldn't attempt taking parts off whilst under warranty but then if you've had bad experiences with Renault mechs.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Hi jkp.
With headlight washers and the freezing of pipes etc, as soon as you try the washers with lights on it'll try and wash the lights, if frozen, the pipes sometimes work loose dumping the washer bottle contents onto the floor. Check your headlight washer pipes if you can get at 'em.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No worries, likewise was also not having a go. It's hard to get a mechanic/dealer you can trust. Around here they are all about the turnaround and profit rather than looking after the customers car. I've found that with VW, Land Rover, Subaru and Mitsu...all are a bit gash and not shy to charge >£100 per hour labour from non-warrantly work.

·
Registered
758 Posts
my mrs s old scenic went for a dealer service and came back FULL of oil! as in up to the filler cap ! they were very sorry the trainee does oil services !!!!!!!!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Bumper removal is very easy. There are 5 torx head screws on the black trim at the top of the bumper under the bonnet, 5 10mm bolts under the engine and in the wheel arches there should a circular plastic trim piece above the tyre that needs pulling off, then 2 8mm screws to pull the arch lining down and one big torx bolt securing the edge of the bumper to the quarter panel. Once each side is done pull the bumper outwards perpendicular to the wheel and lift the bumper off... sit it on the ground and disconnect the two wiring connectors on the passenger side and the washer lines on the drivers side. Easy!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts