Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there

I am now to this forum and have been looking at getting a Megane 225. Today I test drove a series 1 model and must say I was impressed. I had misgivings about the power and how the front wheels would cope, and whilst there is some noticeable torque steer, it's not that bad.

Any how, I had got a quote from Motorlogix for a 225 Cup, in metallic black gold and with the recaros for £14465 (which is really an excellent quote), but having driven the full fat version, I quite liked the seats, so as I like the creature comforts, like proper climate control I will look at a full fat 06 model, with the cup chassis and the cabasse radio upgrade.

I have had difficulty getting through to Buymynewcar but will keep on trying. Is there any other number that they can be contacted on?

I'd like to get a good discount, as, even though Renault will do 0% finance and I can haggle the price, a full fat 225 with Cup chassis and the Cabasse upgrade comes in at a shade over £20k, which is more than I want to spend.

Any how, this is a useful site and good to read up on what other folks views and experiences have been.

CheeRS

Per

·
Registered
147 Posts
Per wrote

Any how, I had got a quote from Motorlogix for a 225 Cup, in metallic black gold and with the recaros for £14465 (which is really an excellent quote), but having driven the full fat version, I quite liked the seats, so as I like the creature comforts, like proper climate control I will look at a full fat 06 model, with the cup chassis and the cabasse radio upgrade.
Per Leave the cabasse upgrade alone mate, your so restricted with what you can do, should you want to change the head unit or whatever. It's got a "canbus " lead connected to it making any changes better part impossible.

IMO anyway!

Paul

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Per said:
I have had difficulty getting through to Buymynewcar but will keep on trying. Is there any other number that they can be contacted on?

Per
Pretty sure that the guys that run the show are on holiday for a week, keep trying as they are known for a good service with the 225

·
Founder
8,209 Posts
The main chap at BMNC is on holiday at the moment so they may be a bit short staffed. I would hang fire and get a price off them as 20k is waaaaaaay too much, plus if you order from them you get a free membership to the site :D

·
Registered
227 Posts
Buymynewcar are on holiday for a week they will be back next week and they will give you a very good quote. I have ordered a full fat 2006 model from them and it cost £15300 if you mention this site they may also give a discount on optional extras, I know they were advertising a discount for the cup chasis a few weeks ago.

Lets us know hoe you get on you will not be dissapointed with buymynewcar.

Uncle

G

·
Discussion Starter #6
New Megane

Thanks for the replies guys.

I note what you say about the cabasse unit. So is it recommended to leave the standard unit in? I think I had read that it was a single disc MP3 compatible player, so I could put a few albums on one disc?

I have had a quote from Motorlogix for a 225 Cup, with recaros and metallic - the only 2 options, and it came in at £14,465 (plus £350 fee to Motorlogix).

Having driven the full fat phase 1 model, I do like the creature comforts and therefore think that the Full Fat 225 with Cup chasis is the one to go for.

What are the options for the radio system then - aftermarket wise that is - i.e what will fit the slot, and will it be controllable by the steering wheel controls?

I did see the post that the chaps from buymynewcar are on holiday so I have sent the guy a PM, with my mobile number, hopefully he will come back to me early part of next week.

Not sure if I mentioned - I will be choosingthe Metallic Black Gold, as that just looks so nice - it was the colout of the car I drove today, so thatwas good.

CheeRS

Per

G

·
Discussion Starter #8
nEW mEGANE

Thanks for the reply.

I'll have to think about it. How good is the cabasse upgrade? I'm not really in to mega systems any more (never had a major one before, but did have two amps and 8 speakers in an older car, pushing about 100w per channel. I liked the sound - decent quality - compared with what was there before).

Might be better to leave the single CD unit in place, just not that impressed by a measly 15w per channel output. I suppose an aftermarket unit with a decent intenal amp, and speakers will cost around the same as the optional cbasse unit (£400 I think?).

What's currently a good audio upgrade to look at? what speakers would be a direct replacement for the Meg's ones?

CheeRS

Per

G

·
Discussion Starter #10
new megane

Hi mate

Was there any difficulty in adding the amp and, 6x9's and sub to the system?

CheeRS

·
Premium Member
14,297 Posts
Re: nEW mEGANE

Per said:
Thanks for the reply.

I'll have to think about it. How good is the cabasse upgrade? I'm not really in to mega systems any more (never had a major one before, but did have two amps and 8 speakers in an older car, pushing about 100w per channel. I liked the sound - decent quality - compared with what was there before).

Might be better to leave the single CD unit in place, just not that impressed by a measly 15w per channel output. I suppose an aftermarket unit with a decent intenal amp, and speakers will cost around the same as the optional cbasse unit (£400 I think?).

What's currently a good audio upgrade to look at? what speakers would be a direct replacement for the Meg's ones?

CheeRS

Per
also HID lights can be fitted to make them look like the Zenons on the 225s, £155 the kit.

·
Site Admin
20,189 Posts
Re: new megane

Per said:
Hi mate

Was there any difficulty in adding the amp and, 6x9's and sub to the system?

CheeRS
Installing it wasn't too bad. Connecting the wires was a bit mroe tricky, as mine runs of a Canbus system, so there was some re-wiring required. If you went for the standard unit, installing it would be a piece of cake.

G

·
Discussion Starter #13
new 225

Cheers guys.

I like the idea of the HID's.

Still unsure what to do with the radio, so I'll leave that aside for the moment.

All useful stuff to know though.

CheeRS

Per

G

·
Discussion Starter #14
Buying new Megane

Have had a look at the range of radios available in Halfords (as a starting point) and think I will now leave the standard head unit in place and get an aftermarket unit that will play MP3 CD's. Saw a JVC one which would hold 1000 songs. Either that or get one which takes an i-pod connector and run my music off an i-pod.

CheeRS

Per

·
Registered
99 Posts
I would be pretty dubious about motorlogix. Not sure where you got the quote for the cuo withthe recaros. They are quoting on their site £14,237 plus the colour plus £350.....for a pre-reg car. Are the recaros not about £850 on top of this.

I didn't use buymynew car...I used a site calle avanti-cars. Supplied by a Renault Garage in Bradford. Me as the first registered keeper for £14001 plus the paint plus £145 for a setup fee. After order processed, just dealt with the renault dealer. It's pretty sweet.

G

·
Discussion Starter #16
buying new Megane

I have looked at the Avanti web site and they come out at £15,918, where as buymynewcar have come in £15,299 for the same spec.

Guess that BMNC gets my vote.

Have also spoken with Adrian and he has come up with a good finance package which I am happy with - easier on the wallet!!

Just got to decide on whether to go for Black or Inferno. I loke both, Inferno looks good, but it may be a colour that becomes a littel dated - say like the Citrine Yellow that Ford did a few years back. Perhaps the rtraditional Black would look best.

Time enough to decide yet.

CheeRS

Per

·
Registered
99 Posts
Don't get the £15918 for the cup at all. Don't know where you're getting that from.

£14,001 + £350 for the paint + £850 for the recaros. I'd check long and hard if your getting the recaros from BMNC. Get it in writing and your laughing.

Good luck though. I am very impressed at how classy the black one looks for the money. Especially, and i know it sounds stupid, the small'cup' badge on the door pillar

G

·
Discussion Starter #19
new megane

I will be looking at the full fat 225, with Cup chassis. I like my creature comforts.

I loke the recaros, but not sure I can live with them every day, otherwise I'd go for the Cup pack.

Motorlogix quoted me just £14,446 plus £350 for a cup pack with recaro's, but as I said, I want the comforts of the full fat. Cup is great if you are doing a lot of track days, which I won't be doing.

CheeRS

Per

1 - 19 of 19 Posts