Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Site Admin
20,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought i would post some pics of my Cabasse stereo upgrade, from behind !!! Thank you to WEsts Garage, Bedford who pulled the stereo out for me.

As some of you are aware, this lovely :twisted: stereo runs on a canbus lead, which basically means, that i can not fit an after market stereo, as it runs off one wire.

As you will be able to see from the pics, there isn't even an antenna cable !!!!

One final thing -- THANK YOU RENAULT :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

·
Registered
178 Posts
is this the same MP3 player unit that comes with the new meggys? my car has the standard single cd player, not like this (doesnt have canbus or whatever). I want to fit the new mp3 player unit. does anyone know if it can be done?

·
Registered
227 Posts
How easy is it to pull the stereo out. I have a facelift 225 with MP3 player and will pull it out for a photo shoot. (the mp3 player) and post.

·
Premium Member
14,297 Posts
uncle said:
How easy is it to pull the stereo out. I have a facelift 225 with MP3 player and will pull it out for a photo shoot. (the mp3 player) and post.
real easy matey. if you not got any of the proper keys just get 2 small screw drivers that will go in the holes and just push them n far enough till they go click, then do the other side and it will just slide out, 5 min job to do, or go to halfords and buy the keys for it , they look like to big U shape keys, think they are for fords as well.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I ain't convinced it's on the CAN-BUS. I could be wrong, but the investigations I have made lead me to believe it's not.

Once I get all the facts I will post everything I have.....including the upgrade method I used.

/G

·
Premium Member
12,190 Posts
I would try and trace that radio wire as far back as you can, i wouldn't be surprised if its normal iso on the end of them!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts