Megane Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

My DCi175 has been in for a service today where it was noted that the adjuster bar was missing from the N/S/F xenon adjuster adjuster sensor, i.e. MoT failure. This is lierally a peice of plastic with a ball socket at one end and a nut/bolt on the other. Renault wanted £194 to fix this!

Had a look on the net and it is not possible to buy just the pastic bar on its own, oh no you have to buy the whole assembly, sensor, bracket etc etc! There's no way I'm paying £80 for a bit of plastic (unless I have to in the end of course) so does anyone know where I can get one from?

This is the bit in question, it may actually be the rear sensor pictured but the plastic bar is the same principal.

Thanks,

Mat

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have the same problem with the front sensor, can someone measure it? I think somebody can make one for me for a lot less.

·
Premium Member
624 Posts
Well when mine failed I purchased a new complete one, 6 months later that failed so put the faulty one on and replaced the arm.
I got a colleague to draw in CAD so please see below:-

·
Premium Member
1,218 Posts
As these are not sold seperatley from renault and iv heard of a few going missing, mine was hanging off so i clipped it back on, surely theres a gap in the market, surely there cheap to make. Whoever can get a batch made up and sell them on the bay, saves everyone having to buy complete units from renault and person making them up can make a bit of pocket money to

·
Registered
143 Posts
Anyone got a part number for the whole until or a part number for the missing link? i also have this issue and need it sorting asap! :(

·
Premium Member
943 Posts
Mine used to pop off all the time on the rear sensor.

I sorted it by drilling a hole through the bar and through the plastic ball joint, then ran a very thin copper wire and tightened all together.

No problems since.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thaks for the replies guys, especially the diagram with measurements, cheers eltel!

A friend of mine has cobbled something together using sewing machine parts I believe, he asked if he could borrow the car for a few hours so that he could accurately measure how long the bar needed to be, saved him the job with that diagram.

I can't believe Renault will not sell the bar on it's own, but then again nothing suprises me with them lately!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Iv been this morning and sorted mine. £120 all in. Could have prob bodged something together but who knows how long it would have lasted.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Must have been lucky, my MOT wasnt failed on this, just an advisory? Still haev the same issue, my ball joint socket tat the top is worn so keeps poping out, will have aook myself and try and find a fix

·
Premium Member
996 Posts
Mine failed well over 2 years ago. At the time the warrenty claim was rejected and i was quoted £100+ for the fix. I measured the the centres of the bar on the new unit from renault and promptly went to B&Q and rummaged around in there £1 bargin bin. 5 mins later i walked out of the store with a replacement plastic bathroom cabinet handle. Cut the ends off, drilled 2 new holes to the same dims as the missing bar and cable tied my uber cheap fix in place. 15k miles later still working fine :)

·
Registered
143 Posts
Mine failed well over 2 years ago. At the time the warrenty claim was rejected and i was quoted £100+ for the fix. I measured the the centres of the bar on the new unit from renault and promptly went to B&Q and rummaged around in there £1 bargin bin. 5 mins later i walked out of the store with a replacement plastic bathroom cabinet handle. Cut the ends off, drilled 2 new holes to the same dims as the missing bar and cable tied my uber cheap fix in place. 15k miles later still working fine :)
hero hah fair play mate, i just spent £120 on a new one :(

·
Premium Member
996 Posts
Sorry that you have had to fork out for the fix bud, fingers crossed that's it done and will last. In the mean time i recommend you get underneath the car when you next can and try and take a measurement on your shiney new adjuster bar. Just in case ;)

·
Registered
143 Posts
already planning on it in spring when i take the wheels off for a good clean..although thats what 2 months away, it will prob have fallen off by then!

·
Premium Member
1,878 Posts
Did anyone ever get round to machining the elusive plastic adjuster bar for the sensor unit?

Mine have disappeared and I would like to get it sorted without purchasing a whole unit unnecessarily.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dave

·
Registered
15 Posts
Spent some time today with a helpful parts department.
As already mentioned, the arms arent available separatey (mine are both missing).
For my 07 225, the complete sensor parts are:
Front # 8200413466 £72.89+vat
Rear # 8200413473 £90.79+vat

But I also found out that the little ball joints are supposed to be replaced every time the bar is removed. They are part # 8200188119 at £1.10+vat each (but are special order).

Does anyone know if the bars are different front and rear? I'm tempted to try a bit of DIY until I can find some.
It's passed at least one MOT without this bar in place.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts