Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all fitted my decat on wednesday and thursday and when driving home from work I noticed to car was as quick as a snail! I havnt had the car remaped yet as im hopping I can get it done with in the next few days, would this be my proplem? ONE NICE NOTE LOVE THE SOUND! :)

·
Premium Member
943 Posts
Mine too, I immediately noticed that the turbo spooled up quicker and it pulled a little stronger.

And I was on a standard map at the time.

·
Premium Member
2,586 Posts
I would think the car is expecting certain values from having the cat in. Removing the cat and no remap may well lead the ECU to retard the engine as it is not receiving those values. This is at least how many other cars behave. I cannot comment on Meganes in particular as I have no specific knowledge on them. However Nissans throw a hissy fit.

·
Premium Member
4,798 Posts
You can fit an extender probe to the second lambda sensor to remove it from direct flow and stopping the light coming on the dash.
Or when the car is mapped you can have the sensor mapped out.

Sensor 1 pre cat is already positioned in full flow and doesnt need adjusting.

·
Premium Member
4,798 Posts
I would think the car is expecting certain values from having the cat in. Removing the cat and no remap may well lead the ECU to retard the engine as it is not receiving those values. This is at least how many other cars behave. I cannot comment on Meganes in particular as I have no specific knowledge on them. However Nissans throw a hissy fit.
As do hondas and puts them into limp home mode.

I never had any issues after fitting my decat before it was mapped, except the light coming on every 300miles or so :)

·
Premium Member
1,297 Posts
my light hasn't come on in months lol came on once for a few 100 miles then never again....my car also ran 250bhp with it fitted on a standard map...raced my friends st before and we were pretty level if not mine a little quick...had his mapped up to around 300bhp and i still kept with him when i fitted my decat... well worth the bother and iv never experienced limp mode

·
Registered
131 Posts
Mine is so slow... So slow in fact that I have not pulled away from a cooper s, Corsa VXR, and loads of cars you would expect to leave behind.

It's and 08 plate R26 with a Stage 2 map from K-Tec with uprated intercooler.

Also got the short shift that helps with gear change but it just feels like it should be much quicker.... Any ideas? (I have limited budget at the moment)

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,105 Posts
Mine is so slow... So slow in fact that I have not pulled away from a cooper s, Corsa VXR, and loads of cars you would expect to leave behind.

It's and 08 plate R26 with a Stage 2 map from K-Tec with uprated intercooler.

Also got the short shift that helps with gear change but it just feels like it should be much quicker.... Any ideas? (I have limited budget at the moment)

Thanks.
If it actually feels properly slow, I'd get in on a rolling road to see if everything's in order. You could have a boost leak or something.

Always hard to tell when comparing yourself to other cars because a) you don't know what work they've had done and b) there's always less of a difference between cars (over a short distance) than you'd think!

·
Registered
44 Posts
My megane also feels sluggish, its a 07 r26, but guess what i just changed my spark plugs and it feels a hell of alot better now, i dropped some bosch super 4's in cars throttle response is better and the car feels less lumpy.

Ngk triple cores where pretty brown/blacked on removal so they probably needed doing

1 - 13 of 13 Posts