Megane Sport Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my car back (2008 225 Cup) from the car wash and the back left hand door handles, triangle piece had been torn out. They found the piece in the bottom of the wash bash, it can be inserted, but there appears to be no method to clip it in. Does the clip mechanism reside on the triangle piece or inside the handle mount (triangle piece appears to be intact)?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
And i've just noticed the rear bumper has had someone drag their car across it, what a day :(

·
Meganesport Area Rep - South West
6,404 Posts
Could that of been the car wash?
As for your question open the door where you can see the lock to the side of it by the handle area is a black gromit remove it and there is a leg in.there put the end stop back in the door and push the leg forwards

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here's a pic.

Can't see the gromit, do i need to pop the door handle out of the way to see it? It comes out i've found if I lock the doors

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Open the door and look at the end you will see said gromet its roughly the same height as the handle mate

Sent from my Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Think it's sorted. Pull the little plug on the inside of the door. You can see the silver collar that locks the door handle locking piece into place. Put the missing piece back and push the collar towards the front of the car - moves about 5mm in, does that sound enough? Didn't feel a distinct click. The door handle feels solid again.

All this grief as I needed my car to look clean for a customer meeting, which was cancelled about 5mins after the car wash (typical)

Now to deal with the bumper damage.

Thanks for your help.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts