Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am really into carbon or carbon wrapped products... So what do you have for me... and how much you looking for it...

Already have:-
Diamonds
Door Bullets

Kojak

·
Premium Member
4,523 Posts
ive got

Strealine parts:
mirror covers
Door Pillar Covers
Bullets
Diamonds
Wing Mirror end caps

Streamline parts on the way:
Fuse Box Cover
Rear Wiper Backing plate
Dashboard Clocks Binnacle
Dashboard centre console

Everything else:
Carbon Front and rear number plates (carbon mods) with reflective vinyl applied
Carbon Alloy wheel centre caps
Carbon R26 plaque
Carbon Wrapped Interior Wing Mirror Trims
Carbon Wrapped Door Handles

Nothing for sale though sorry - just thought that may give you some ideas. I doubt youll get much fr sale second hand as the parts have to be bonded (glued) on so not really viable removing them

·
Premium Member
4,523 Posts
Screw goes at the bottom an a bit of adhesive at the top - I love mine, look really good

Handles are great but hard finding someone good to wrap them - current set aren't great

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have you got your centre console done.... I would love to see that... Out of interest how much does that cost. You and streamline must have quite a good working relationship lol... I am getting the pillars from them. Just spoke to Chris.

Brucey

·
Premium Member
4,523 Posts
Someone else is arranging the centre console - they are using one from a trophy to mould from, will be out soon but not sure of price - would expect about £250 I guess

My centre console is covered in alcantara so I'll leave it as is I think

Yeah ive been very lucky with streamline - get on well with Chris and works out well for us both

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would say keep me up to date with the centre console would love to see that done and at £250 seems like a good deal, if its done good. Need clips and such like I would think like an exact replica.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If I got them I would need the mirror housings too? U have em. lol... Would need to be the set mate

kojak.

·
Premium Member
1,133 Posts
Someone else is arranging the centre console - they are using one from a trophy to mould from, will be out soon but not sure of price - would expect about £250 I guess

My centre console is covered in alcantara so I'll leave it as is I think

Yeah ive been very lucky with streamline - get on well with Chris and works out well for us both
Aye that's me, I've been speaking to Chris about it and sent him the panel - I'll make a thread about it when things develop.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sounds good mate, is that to be skimmed or a full replacement?? I was searching the web last night and I am tempted to buy a 2nd hand dash console, to try my hand at CF skimming it, doesnt seem too bad, have you never thought about trying it... Only thing is the centre console bit is so hard to find, all I have seen on Ebay have the little holes for the air con etc, mines is the fancier 1 and has that incorporated into the left side (If you can understand that lol) Can a Renault Guru give me the part number for the 1 require. also a price if possible. If its cheap enough Im gonna have a go at it.

Kojak.

·
Premium Member
1,133 Posts
Yeah you have the same as mine the climate trim - I know I was quick and snapped one up on ebay to play with!

It'll likely end up being an exchange dash trim as they said it's just not possible/viable to make the back of the unit in carbon - so it will be a complete unit sent to you but will have a skin bonded onto an original panel - like the Trophy has...

Price new by the way is nearly £200 from renault I've enquired!

New Trophy carbon trim was £2640! So if you see one hold onto it :)

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Wow thats an expensive bit of kit... Thats extortionate... I have my saved search in ebay... Might look at the meganes breaking now see what I can find... Keep me posted with how Chris is getting on...

·
Premium Member
4,523 Posts
Ive tried carbon skimming and have given up - far from easy to get a good finish and extremely time consuming - I've got all the gear here if you fancy a go - been meaning to put it up for sale

1 - 15 of 15 Posts