Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
are these any good compared to the meg 225? so fed up of the rattles! cant decide what to get instead.

·
Premium Member
1,503 Posts
Also think meg is better. No rattles from my 54plate and 64,000 on the clock.

The shape and curves on the megane looks so much better.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I was considering one before the megane and from forums it seemed that it was worse than the meg for build quality & rattles! ill try find the thread i was reading

·
Premium Member
1,449 Posts
few me friends have them, and as i know they are happy with them, no big problems, just once you are looking to tune them, it will cost fortune, also i personally will be missing the torque from low rpm, once you want to go fast is just over 5,000+ rpm all the time

·
Premium Member
2,469 Posts
They are no way near as fast as the meg. I have raced a few in my mapped 175 and the result is always the same, my heavy dci matches the acceleration until 70, then the ctr pulls away slowly. They are lovely cars though and the interior is miles better than the meg.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
I had the ep3 before my meg, couldnt fault it and nearlly moved on to the newer version until i drove it, horrible in corners and the power delivery is less harsh as the ep3, if u need to move get the last ep3 final edition or championship white import which has 220bhp :)

·
Premium Member
4,523 Posts
I drove one - had the optional 19 inch wheels, drove terribly, very twitchy and bumpy, sounded amazing but that was the only good bit

·
Premium Member
1,783 Posts
The jap import booted version is the best with 220bhp,but the suspension is incredibly harsh.
A very capable car,but with that suspension i fear rattles are inevitable..

·
Premium Member
403 Posts
Had a poke nad a prod of a friend's championship edition type-r (with the slip diff)... Once inside and behind the wheel, it was almost as if the interior had been designed by Giger himself....
Honda certainly know how to make you (the driver) feel like you're part of the machine!! And (grown up moment) there was truck loads of leg room in the back...
Shame the owner couldn't keep up with the Mountune RS I was in at the time... No matter how high he rev'd it... ;)
Would still consider one (type-r) should the 225 continue to be a money-pit...

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
Shame the owner couldn't keep up with the Mountune RS I was in at the time... No matter how high he rev'd it... ;)
Would that be the 350bhp Ford RS lol ;)

My mates just got a EP3 and another mate has the FN2 (I think). I'm yet to have a blast out with them.

·
Registered
873 Posts
I had a brand new type R for 2 weeks while meg getting repaired,
Suspension was very hard for my liking!

Lost two fillings and had to hold onto my breast implants when opening the taps!
Nice exhaust tone thou!
I prefer the meg to be honest!

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
On the plus side the engine noise is unreal, fantastic engine and its the only car i have had that has never needed anything for 2-3yrs of ownership.

·
Premium Member
1,783 Posts
Dc2 is the best handling complete FWD car ever..no question.
Handling,engine,poise,brakes, gearchange,driving position...amazing car.

Only sold because it was red and was starting to fade ,even though it was garaged ,and covered in a inch of wax.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts