Megane Sport Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys.

Im new to the site, i think its my first post.

I have purchased a 225 with cup packs, it is second hand only had 8k on the clock purchased it for 14k.

I have noticed a clicking noise from the steering wheel, it feels like something is catching. Its not the suspension, the noise is defo from the steering wheel itself.

Especially when i am reversing, what do you think.

Any advice would be great.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
If it's a noise from the steering column this is a well known problem and renault do have a fix for it, they have changed the fix a few times but it seems to work now.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've got this too... Will take it back to the stealers then.... Also need some touch up on the bumper and a new fog light from some considerate driver in a car park that decided not to leave their details... :evil:

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Apparently it is something to do wit the wires that run to the airbag tat come loose!!!

When they sort it make sure the cowle behind the steering doesnt rub when you turn the wheel as mine did!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Guys.

Will call reno to get the car booked in.

It does feel like something is catching as Jamiemac has described.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here's my penny's worth. I believe it is to do with the modification they do when fitting the cup pack, as you know you have uprated steering to help prevent torque steer and sometimes they torque the bolts too much. (wouldn't happen if they used a torque wrench and meter however!!)

Mine has been in twice, the first time the bloke obviously didn't know what he was doing but about a fortnite ago it came back. A really handy technician called Ross from Renault Darlington told me it can occur if the steering rack/column isn't tightened correctly. He loosened the bolts and re-torqued them to the correct figure and bingo the problem was solved.

See if this helps, cheers Phill

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
i disagree as I have one of the 1st 225s and they didnt do the cup chassis at all, and I have have had most things wrong with my car!!!!

I thinkit is due to a poor recall job completed by incompetant dealers!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts