Megane Sport Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me if the calliper used on Clio race cars is any different to the brembo used on the road cars? Am I right in thinking they are mono bloc where ours are 2 piece?

·
Club Member
7,528 Posts
I was talking to a guy a few months ago and he did tell me that the brakes were all standard apart from better pads and don't quote me on it but I'm sure he said the were DS 3000s

Steve

·
Premium Member
2,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No - they use DS1.11's on the cup race cars. Ive seen a Megane with them fitted and it got me wondering.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
I would not have thought they were machined from a solid billet (they would end up costing a fourtune), I have made a lot of tools for AP brakes and they are all cast even the veyrons brakes are cast they only machine the areas that need machining.

·
Registered
5,203 Posts
I would not have thought they were machined from a solid billet (they would end up costing a fourtune), I have made a lot of tools for AP brakes and they are all cast even the veyrons brakes are cast they only machine the areas that need machining.
Correct, so how about machined from a solid cast billet.

·
Premium Member
2,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
As it happens Brembo do (perhaps not on ours) machine from solid billets of aluminium. Both options of forged and cast brakes are made.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts