Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, apart from fuel when I put my foot down what are the running costs like on the Megane?

Things like:
Tyres
Discs
Pads
Servicing

Anything to look out for when buying? General faults etc...

And also how much is a good condition R26 worth?

Looking at LY/UR and will have about £8-9k to spend

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not too fussed about engine going wrong, Fred looks after my car so it won't break I'm confident of that! lol.

How do you find it to drive compared to the clio?

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
better all around than the clio

although there getting too the age now where belts need changing and the clutch/fly need doing on mapped cars, due to problems with the pressure plate or dual mass fly

Brakes are around 600 - 800 to replace all around.

tyres anywhere between 100 - 200 a corner depending upon choice!

·
Registered
306 Posts
Thats why mine is staying standard engine wise as i cant aford it to go wrong haha the clio was fun the megane is another world power and handling combined mate.

Dan

·
Registered
82 Posts
I went from a 172 Cup to the R26 and i love it. I paid 8k for my UR R26 with 34k miles on the clock, FSH and much better build quality (the cup rattled like hell as it was lowered)

As above though ive changed the brakes and two tyres so far which cost me about a 1k.

Cant fault the meg compared to the cup though, yes it uses more fuel but its much more comfy and spacious, and im also looking to go stage 1 once ive saved up some more cash :)

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
I went from a 172 aswell but I still miss mine
Running costs are double but if your worry too much you'd never drive it

·
Premium Member
366 Posts
I went from an R26 to a 172 cup... costs halved on all aspects. But definitely miss the megane. It had all the gadgets and luxuries (loved the seats), But with great performance.

If you can afford to run/buy one, go for it. I will have one again in a few years!

·
Registered
213 Posts
Did exactly the same as you, miss the Clio but don't regret it. Not had it long enough for a service yet but getting new tyres soon and it's about £180 (about £50 more than I paid for PE2's on the Clio).

The biggest hit so far for me is the petrol - about £75 a tank for V-Power but getting between 300 and 380 from a tank depending on driving style/roads.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts