Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I've done a bit of a search on this and found out a fair bit of info but i though i'de put up my unique situation lol.

I've just been for a spirited drive and all seems fine apart from 4th gear, As the car reaches peak torque at about 3000rpm the revs rise a little bit then fall to the normal revs, All other gears seem fine. Also my cars been remapped so if it is either of the clutch or flywheel, I suppose it would be a good idea to upgrade them, Any suggestions?

Any ideas what this could be?

Thanks in advance, I know it's probably been asked before :)

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
If you put the car in 5/6th at low revs then floor the throttle does it do the same?

Sent from my Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
624 Posts
Rs tuning helix clutch, flywheel, bearing and cylinder around £1440 fitted. Not cheap but Paul thinks the issues with the flywheel have been resolved by helix.

·
Meganesport Area Rep - South West
6,404 Posts
first sign of slip. could be eirther wont know till its all apart. im going for a r26.r clutch and fly

·
Premium Member
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Could it be anything else that is causing it to slip? like a fault with pedal or cable?. I'm asking because my dad is having a look today to see if he can see any faults.

·
Premium Member
911 Posts
Sometimes a spring can pop out from behind the pedal. Have a search there's a picture on here somewhere. That's about it. The clutch is hydraulic.

·
Premium Member
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Sorry to bring this back up but will i have any problems with the clutch and flywheel set up in the link on page 1?. I've been doing a search on here and well an trully baffled myself lol and scared myself to reading through loads of problems with the flywheel.

·
Premium Member
6,141 Posts
it will be the flywheel.
If you have a remote box,put the car back to standard,and I bet it will be fine.
If it was anything to do with the clutch pedal etc,it would do it all the time.

·
Premium Member
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yep just looked and the pedal and spring is fine :(, Unfortunetly i don't have a remote box.

I best ring up K-Tec lol

·
Premium Member
6,141 Posts
it's a pain,but as soon as you start going over 300 lb/ft ,the flywheel springs give in.
You could drive around for years with out changing it,just change your driving style, and only boot it once in a lower gear.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts