Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anything I can do to see if the clutch is slipping?

When am in 4th 5th 6th gear when the revs are low and I floor it the revs go up to about 4k but the car doesnt go as if its turbo lag but the revs go back down and the car pulls.It doesnt do this in the lower gears.The car has done 34000 miles.

Why is it only doing this in the higher gears and how much for a new clutch if thats the problem?

Thanks

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cheers will try this 2moro if it is slipping just in the higher gears will it get worse and stat doing it in the lower gears?

·
Premium Member
8,005 Posts
Just out of interest does anyone know what the 225/R26/R26R cluth is rated to?

With all these crazy 340lb/ft Stage 2 figures being quoted recently l was wondering what the specified limit for the clutch was? For instance the VAG PD130/170 clutches are rated safely to 300lb/ft (320lb/ft at the very upper limit) and we had a guy with a 2.0T Jetta running 310lb/ft who had major clutch slip due to a peaky map at the RR this weekend.

Clearly it all depends on how progressive the power delivery is but does anyone any knowledge of this?

·
Premium Member
2,753 Posts
Just out of interest does anyone know what the 225/R26/R26R cluth is rated to?

With all these crazy 340lb/ft Stage 2 figures being quoted recently l was wondering what the specified limit for the clutch was? For instance the VAG PD130/170 clutches are rated safely to 300lb/ft (320lb/ft at the very upper limit) and we had a guy with a 2.0T Jetta running 310lb/ft who had major clutch slip due to a peaky map at the RR this weekend.

Clearly it all depends on how progressive the power delivery is but does anyone any knowledge of this?
Me too.

As when the stage 1 came out, I thought the limit was 300-320lbs/ft.

By what Gaz is saying it does sound like it slipping for sure.

Your looking about £1k at Renault and add £400 on top of the that if the flywheel is needed.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Me too.

As when the stage 1 came out, I thought the limit was 300-320lbs/ft.

By what Gaz is saying it does sound like it slipping for sure.

Your looking about £1k at Renault and add £400 on top of the that if the flywheel is needed.
I just had my clutch fly wheel and slave cylinder changed under warranty i think the bill would have been around 2k !

·
Premium Member
1,984 Posts
free flywheel ? how did you get this mate?
I just rang Renault uk and politely complained that I should not be having to replace the flywheel at only 18k even though it's a 2005 car. I Was replacing the clutch anyway I had just accepted it as the previous owner must have been a clutch rider.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Is there anything I can do to see if the clutch is slipping?

When am in 4th 5th 6th gear when the revs are low and I floor it the revs go up to about 4k but the car doesnt go as if its turbo lag but the revs go back down and the car pulls.It doesnt do this in the lower gears.The car has done 34000 miles.

Why is it only doing this in the higher gears and how much for a new clutch if thats the problem?

Thanks

I had the same problem this Morning and it turned out to be a spring on the clutch pedal

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts