Megane Sport Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at the lights today and decided to pull off fast only to find that the clutch had got stuck. Not sure if it was the mat in the way or the way I was driveing the car but I had my foot on the accelarator trying to pull off and nothin was happening I thought I was wheelspining but in fact I wasnt. The clutch smelt really bad but after an hour or so the car drived has normal. Just wondered if anyone else has had this problem and what people should think I should do.

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
The clutch will slip on the car if you do try to let out out straight away but it shouldnt stay in the down position!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've had that same proble, and it stuck really badly. :?

No obstruction from the mat though, and even my foot under the pedal trying to lift it up only just worked.

Had it a bit sticky on the odd occaision aswell

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mine is booked in for the 10 may for them to have a look at the hydrolics and also replace the clutch if need be

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
mine has done this tonight, is the second incident that i have had in it. strange its as if the pedal gets stuck on the open position and a strong burning smell.

Not sure how renault will respond to it as its an 'intermitent' problem.

got mine in for a service a week friday.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Guys,

Sounds like you need to bleed the clutch hydraulic system....must have some air in there....best have it looked at pretty quickly as if your clutch is slipping on a regular basis you will end up burning it out.

Worst case scenario would be that the pressure plate is on the way out but I would hope not in cars that are relatively new. More likely to just need bleeding....

·
Premium Member
14,297 Posts
megane225 said:
Mine is booked in for the 10 may for them to have a look at the hydrolics and also replace the clutch if need be
make sure they put it back properly, have heard bad things from 225 owners that have had new clutches put in and the car has never bin the same again, for 1 im one of them and jamie mac is 2.
the car just never drove the same again, but that also was 50% due to the f :shock: king monkeys that fitted it at the time.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am concerned that with mine being an intermitant fault that they wont do anything about it, but i will have to wait and see.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts