Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Club Member
7,528 Posts
There used a lot by Subaru owners for track work and even in the time attack on the imprezas , there quite good as far as I remember and I considered them when I had my RB320. good price as well

·
Premium Member
4,798 Posts
Used a lot on pulsars instead of tein monoflex, but the bracket for the droplink were never braced properly and kept breaking under hard use. Seem good for most other cars and about half the price :)

·
Premium Member
2,959 Posts
K- tec advertise that the eibach and the Ha d R spring are an improvement over the standard r26 springs, yay or nay anyone
Nay for me.

I think the standard r26 setup is hard to improve without spending a decent amount of ££

·
Registered
779 Posts
Nay for me.

I think the standard r26 setup is hard to improve without spending a decent amount of ££
agreed after changing the standard R26 setup i want it back. But got used to the lower looks and to lazy to put the standard springs back in.

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
So why do they sell them saying they are an improvement, surely someone like K-tec would their stuff
They don't say they're an improvement. On their website they say "Due to many requests we are now stocking the excellent range of H&R coilover suspension kits" and these kits "are regarded by many as some of the best suspension kits available."

Unless there's something else on their site, K-Tec are not claiming coilovers are an improvement, and it suggests they're selling them because people want them.

·
Club Member
7,528 Posts
They don't say they're an improvement. On their website they say "Due to many requests we are now stocking the excellent range of H&R coilover suspension kits" and these kits "are regarded by many as some of the best suspension kits available."I was on about lowering springs mate

Unless there's something else on their site, K-Tec are not claiming coilovers are an improvement, and it suggests they're selling them because people want them.
I was on about the lowering springs mate

·
Registered
779 Posts
I was on about the lowering springs mate
Don't buy them !!!!!!!!!!! I can tell you they do the complete opposite in an R26. Quote from K-tec's site 'Being uprated they will also reduce body roll and improve the handling' On the other had i bought them to lower the car as temporary fix until I get the funds for V3's which they do very well.

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Is that all? I was expecting them to be alot more expensive! Iv got R26 springs so tge expensive bit is bought. What about R26.R shocks? They much more to buy?

·
Club Member
7,528 Posts
All i know is that when i called them a few months back to enquire about lowering they did say that it would improve the handleing as well as lowering the ride height

·
Premium Member
8,005 Posts
All i know is that when i called them a few months back to enquire about lowering they did say that it would improve the handleing as well as lowering the ride height
Fact is dude that the spring rates of the H&R and Eibach set-up tell you what to expect. It's a fair amount of work to change the springs on a Meg so if you're going to go to the trouble of changing, and you want to improve the handling, then you might aswell do it properly or not at all.

You do a fair amount of track work and not a huge amount of road driving wwith it so you're a prime candidate for some V3's, AST's or Nitrons imo.

The coilovers listed in the first post might have a reasonable reputation in other circles but the spring rates for the rear look retarded (so retarded that I suspect they're wrong). Would want that clarifying first really.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts