Megane Sport Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just bought the pipercross induction kit for the Meg. On the web site they offered the cold air feed for about £30. I didn't bother purchasing it as I thought it was a bit expensive and probably wouldn't add much in the terms of power. Anyone got any thoughts on whether I made the right choice or where I can purchase the air feed cheaper?

Thanks,

Rob

·
Premium Member
14,297 Posts
iv run mine right down to the front grill, alot better induction if you ask me,

as for cost i got mine of ebay for for around £20 with a rubber funnel on the ends to sit behind the grill and into my viper still kit.

sounds great and looks great wen all on and done

·
Registered
69 Posts
Which size should the cold airfeed be?

I see that Pipercross offers airfeeds between 50 mm and 100 mm diameter.
Or can I put any?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Andy. What size diameter is your cold air feed?

G

·
Andy I have searched ebay for a cold air feed but cannot find anything else beside Pipercross (which is above 30 quids)

Do you have any clues where can I find something like yours?

·
Premium Member
12,190 Posts
If you don't have a proper cold air feed it will reduce performance as it did on mine so go the whole hog and put a cold air feed in!

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I ran a cold air feed on my old car, it definately made a difference with the ITG filter.
I did find however if driving in rain the bottom of the panel filter became wet
so it would damage a standard paper filter i think
Phil

·
Premium Member
12,190 Posts
If you cut the bottom of the battery tray it doesn't get too squished.

Really trying to think of another way to get it in there (a bigger one)

·
Premium Member
12,190 Posts
Without the plastic engine cover you mean?

let me know and i'll go take one.

·
Premium Member
14,297 Posts
meggerman said:
andy is yours squished by the battery ?

hows about moving battery to boot *nose nose weight) and putting a semi open filter cone with custom feed from bumper ?? :idea:
did look at that idea but then its moving the ECU as the battery holds that in place, might have another look and see wat i can come up with,

also its knowing wat cable to run for the battery extension

G

·
shinyautos.com said:
If you don't have a proper cold air feed it will reduce performance as it did on mine so go the whole hog and put a cold air feed in!
I don't get it. It is just a tube made of plastic (or something like that). What do you mean by proper. I thought that any tube (same diameter) could do the trick... :roll:

·
Premium Member
12,190 Posts
Well i put an aftermarket induction kit on, with a tube in the same place as the standard cold air feed, and when the weather was hot it was majorly restricted, when it was cold weather it was amazing! Performance was great.

So it must be a cold air feed issue, once the pipe goes to the front bumper i'm sure it will make a big difference!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts