Megane Sport Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have noticed a few times that when i start the engine (from cold) that when i get to about 2000rpm, on acceleration, there is sort of a hiccup in the acceleration. The best way to descibe it i that the acceleration isn't as smooth as if the engine has warmed up. Problem disappears completely once the temp gauge has started to move. It as though the car doesn't want to go above 2000rpm.

2 Questions -

Is this something to do with the ECU saving the turbo while the engine is cold? (I do know that the ECU limits the rpm on a cold engine to protect the turbo, i know because i've been caught out by a low rev limiter more than once. Just didn't expect to see evidence at such low rpm)

and

Does it happen to everyone?

Cheers
Nick

·
Premium Member
14,297 Posts
hell on a cold day mine jumps and jerks like a gooden some days, only for about the first 2-3 mins, just put it down to the whole car being bloody cold

be all the same if some one got me out of bet at -3 and said come on i want to do 60mph in 30 secs time, i think i would have a couple hiccups or two. :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
andy bassett said:
be all the same if some one got me out of bet at -3 and said come on i want to do 60mph in 30 secs time, i think i would have a couple hiccups or two. :D
Good point, i'm not really bothered about it. Just know not to get myself into any drag races within 5 minutes of starting the car.

·
Registered
5,267 Posts
I had the same thing before i got my engine coil replaced.

Might be one to ask your dealers about.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
I was using shell optimax and getting the same problem...I switched to Tescos 99 RON for two tanks and made the problem ten times as bad...im back on the optimax and still happens but not as bad!

·
Registered
88 Posts
I have the same problem. It is with the dealers at the moment with a nukmber of warranty issues. I have raised the problem and will let you know their findings.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts