Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oh Dear....

Just when I thought I would like the Black Gold, I have been thinking that the anthracite wheels on the cup pack, with a black car might look a touch odd.

Black is nice so long a s it is clean, the body work is perfect and there are no chips or marks, and how long does a car stay pristine.

I like silver, but it doesn't look like Renault Sport do silver as an option on the phase 2 car - Black, Albi Blue, Inferno and flat blue.

So - please vote and let me have your views.

Does anyone have a black car with anthracite wheels and an inferno one with these wheels?

CheeRS

Per

·
Registered
5,267 Posts
Per,

Ive seen both the inferno and black phase 2's at work with the cup wheels and in truth the black gold looks better in my opinion.

these are from the renaultsport site.

Goto cup and then change the colour of the car.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
colour choice

Yes, Black does look much slicker.

Couldn't remember the name of that other blue.

Best to go with first thought I had which was Black withthe Cup Pack.

Cheers.

Per

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sorry guys i voted inferno,

but then i'll admit that i'm biased, not to sure on the mirrors tho even on the black gold, i think they look a bit odd, but i'll keep my final judgement until i see 1 in the flesh, after all audi did it with there silver mirrors on there S models and that looked smart

must admit that when i first seen the cup pack on a black gold i thought it look weel smart and quite menacing, but i prefer the inferno colour as it shouts a bit louder and gives that racy look :lol: :lol:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
colour choice

Still a tough decision.

Black or Inferno????

Black has the 75% vote so far.

Will let it run a while longer to see where it goes to!!

Might make my choice even harder - but would like to see an Inferno one in the flesh - pictures are good, but nothing beats actually seeing one.

Anyone with an Inferno one living near Stevenage? Will be a few weeks yet before I can place an order.

CheeRS

Per

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: colour choice

Per said:
Still a tough decision.

Black or Inferno????

Black has the 75% vote so far.

Will let it run a while longer to see where it goes to!!

Might make my choice even harder - but would like to see an Inferno one in the flesh - pictures are good, but nothing beats actually seeing one.

Anyone with an Inferno one living near Stevenage? Will be a few weeks yet before I can place an order.

CheeRS

i live in thrapston fella which is just up the a1 from you so could possibly meet up and let ya have a butchers, here's a side on pic but it doesnt do the colour any justice.

let me know

mat

Per

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
colour choice

Hi Mat

Would love to come an see what the Inferno looks like in the flesh. Must say it does look good and I am warming to it - Black does look excellent, but the car needs to be pristine and always clean, and if I get the windows tinted, it would look too much like a blacked out pimp-mobile!!! At least with Inferno, and tinted windows, it would look damnd good.

I used to live near Oundle about 8 years ago, in a village called Luddington.

If you PM me your mobile number and post code, I can do a map search and get to you (would be a few weekends from now obviously, so let me know when is good for you)

CheeRS

Per

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
colour choice

Mat

Just thinking - maybe meet some way up the A1 or A14, at a suitable petrol station if you prefer?

You might also like the run out in your car :D :D no excuses needed :D :D

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
I think inferno or albi blue would look nice with the cup pack, cos I want mine in inferno but just not too keen on the door mirrors.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
colour choice

On the face of it, I think I'd prefer the Inferno colour, but will need to see Mat's car first in the flesh.

Does anyone know whether or not the 06 model's wiring system is the canbus - i.e if it is then changing to an aftermarket head unit will be more difficult, in which case I will go with the upgraded cabasse unit, and if it is not the canbus wiring, then I will go with the single disc and upgrade later on?

Can someone explain what the Canbus wiring is as well please?

Thanks

Per

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
From what I can remeber the CANBUS is used to save money in the manufacturing process as the amount of wires needed decreases. For example, the CANBUS system can send signals to the rear wiper and brake lights among other things with one wire. The wiper would know which signal is for it and would act when it recieves the signal.

When I asked my dealer he did say all 2006 Meganes are fitted with CANBUS.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
NEW MEGANE

Looks like the answer might be to go with the Carbasse upgrade and just live with it. If sound can be improved by changing the speakers, then that might be enough.

I would certainly hedge my bet that the new wiring will make after market add ons harder!!

CheeRS

Per

1 - 16 of 16 Posts