Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had a similar problem? Whilst driving all electrics cut out then come back on, last time it happened engine went as well not good whilst on motorway at night.

·
Premium Member
3,292 Posts
My dads scenic had this fault but this was due to the clock issue which they did a recall for. Could be a dodgy earth somewhere? If the engine mount are worn the excess rocking could losen the earth to the batter or cause damage to it.

·
Premium Member
2,230 Posts
I had this last year. Crank position sensor was the cause. Symptoms I had was engine would cut out. Display says engage neutral, interior lights come on. Then sometimes it would fire up straight away other times a few hours
Hope this helps.
Cheers lee

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It came up with electrical fault, first time it happened was when I turned fog lights on and everything went off for a second apart from the engine, the only light that stays on is esp light on dash.

·
Registered
143 Posts
i had this recently, although it wasnt a complete electrical failure it stopped my engine from starting. Turned out to be an earthing problem somewhere in the engine wiring loom and it all had to be replaced at a cost of £650. Get in touch with renault uk if its low milage/newish car, they usually contribute towards the cost.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts