Megane Sport Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm currently in the market to replace my Celica T Sport. I've just talked myself out of buying a 350Z and the Megane 225 has caught my eye, especially as it can be had for such silly money these days.

I have a few queries. I haven't had the chance to actually see on in the metal, so please bear with me....

I'm 6'5'' and 16 stone. Will I be comfortable in a Megane?

There seem to be some fantastic deals on these cars from people like gr8cars.com and many others. Is there anything to watch for when buying one from somewhere other than a Renault garage?

Which is the most popular version?

I've seen a few reports regarding less than acceptable build quality issues on these cars. Anyone care to comment?

That's it for now, but I'm sure something else will spring to mind.

Any help/advice appreciated.

Cheers,
Matt

·
Registered
227 Posts
Matt

I have just purchased a new 225 from buymynewcar.com who have been very good, the car was delivered last week and after washing it I noticed the alloy had been curbed. I contacted buymynewcar and they contacted Renault who are going to supply and fit a brand new alloy at my local dealer. So I can say that the after sales service is very good. They kept mu up to date with the delivery times. One thing to look out for when purchasing new is that the 225 has just had a face lift so make sute that the company you deal with are supplying the face lift and not a car that has sat in a showroom.
As for the build quality I am very impressed with mine, I am giving up my BMW in the next couple of weeks (company Car) and at present I can see no difference in build quality although time will tell if this stays the same.
You will see cup pack mentioned this has different wheels, suspension and minor other tweeks. The full fat is the standard 225 that comes with leather interior and keyless entry. I would suggest contacting renault for a brochure. Anything else you want just ask and I am sure the members will be more than happy to help you out.

I have posted some pics of my car on tis forum, mine is a standard 5 door full fat with no options added.

Cheers

Uncle

·
Premium Member
12,190 Posts
Great cars mate, can't think of a car in its league, i'd prefer to own.

Getting mine in a few weeks and can't wait.

www.buymynewcar.co.uk is the way to go great people to deal with and a very friendly service.

·
Premium Member
12,190 Posts
Couldn't get yellow :( Thinking of Pink with purple spots what do you reckon? :lol:

·
Registered
5,432 Posts
You shouldn't have any problems with regard to space for the driver. I'm 6'1" and about 18 stone and I have no problems in the slightly. Andy on here is around your height and I don't think he has any problems! :D

Buymynewcar seems to be choice of supplier for a lot of people on here. I used Buyacar.co.uk who are very similar. Offered me about £4k saving on the dealers prices. Second hand, if you search around you'll pick up a bargain.

I actually think the build quality is really good. A lot better than some of the other cars in its bracket. Nice solid thud from the doors, good quality interior. As with all cars there are niggles but nothing I've come accross with mine after 4 months.

Hope thats helps a bit, just my views there! :D :D :D

·
Premium Member
12,190 Posts
Its the normal 225. ie not the cup or the f1.

So a full fat with cup pack is basically a normal one with the additional mods of the cup ie suspension, wheels, brakes, and a few other bits like bigger brake master cylinder.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
If you've got a long body you may struggle on head room, I'm only 5'11" but have got short legs and long body. My seat is at its lowest position and my head is close to the roof lining.

My car has got the panoramic glass roof (not available with cup pack) so I don't know if this lowers the roof a bit. Best bet is get yourself down the showroom for a test drive :wink:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts