Megane Sport Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I consider myself a hardcore gamer, ever since i could afford to I've bought game console. First starting with an N64, going on to an xbox and finally ending up with a PS3.
I currently have a N64m a dreamcast, an xbox, a ps2 and a ps3 but I've never had as much problem as i did when I own an xbox 360. I got one a couple of months after it came out and it got the red ring of death. the next four I have also suffered the same problem and I thought to myself I can't be bothered to put up with this rubbish so switched to PS3.
I think its a massive shame for mircosoft to disregard something as simple as cheap solder but thats whats these multinational companies do. Now with the announcement of the new xbox will be coming soon, I like to ask the question have you had much trouble with game consoles in the past?
Answers below, i look forward to reading.

·
Premium Member
770 Posts
I've owned a Spectrum, an Amiga, a Nintendo, a Sega, an Xbox, an Xbox 360 all the Playstation's, Wii and various gaming rigs over the years and the only system to ever let me down was the 360. I never persisted with it, had it fixed and sold it on. The 2 PS3's I have only get used as media streamers and bluray players these days don't really have the love or time for gaming I used to.

·
Registered
458 Posts
3 rings is mainly down to lead free solder.

Least they now warranty them.

Not into gaming personally but kids have a wii as imo gameplay is far better for them.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I don't spend that much time gaming anymore - occasionally usage increases when a new game comes out.

Had a white Xbox 360 that failed (not the red ring) within its warranty, was replaced with an Elite, and that has been fine ever since (years!).

Used to have a Playstation, PS1, PS2, and have played on a friends PS3 but I think I just preferred the Xbox.

The new one will definitely be coming home when it's out!

·
Registered
660 Posts
Why because only hardcore gamers spend £500 on a new gfx card whenever a new game comes out?
Lol

Ive had my 360 since launch so 7 years? Its fine. Ive a couple of ps3s lying about and they are shockingly bad next to the 360. Ive repaired 2 ps3s now for friends.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I gave up PC gaming years ago and moved over to consoles. I found it to frustrating the way the game developers became lazy and relied on the latest spec machine to run their new games. This just produced the endless cycle of PC upgrades needed to play the new games. The consoles may not be as powerful but it stops this cycle, think what they use to squeeze out of 48k in the old days.

·
Premium Member
350 Posts
I've repaired both Xbox and ps. Both as annoying as each other. Online service is better from Microsoft though.

·
Registered
465 Posts
I've repaired both Xbox and ps. Both as annoying as each other. Online service is better from Microsoft though.
Agreed. Xbox Live is a better experience but unsure how the next gen experiences will differ.

I wanted the Xbox One but it is slightly unpowered compared to the PS4 and it seems the exclusive content that was shown off recently by Microsoft is purely for US customers which left me somewhat disappointed.

·
Premium Member
2,599 Posts
Ive had 1 xbox and 1 ps3 go dead... the ps3 I revived for a while thwn it died again... blu ray wont read all discs... I'd owned the pair from launch and replaced them about 2 years ago.. so they lasted well I won't be going for the next gen ones though... as I don't spend as much time playing them anymore. .. forza 5 looks a oeach though!

Sent from nevernever land using Pandoras Box

·
Registered
618 Posts
forza, enough said! although horizon i rented at launch found it dint have renault so only brought it when it was £15 a few month back and still not unrapped it

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
I don't use my 360 or PS3 much, I'd rather stick to the PC if I fancy a game of something.

That said, I'm on my second 360 when my white (original launch day 360) died about 3 years ago - it didn't even get particularly heavy use.

I have to say, I don't see the advantage of the modern (and more so next gen) consoles over a PC. You still have to download updates, install patches and worry about hardware issues. The main reason to use a console was that it simply plugged in, turned on - and that was it! I keep my PC plugged into the TV via a long HDMI cable, and most games these days work out of the box with a 360 controller. Especially now the price on the XBox One and PS4 seem to be nearly £600 on Amazon. While I'm sure that'll drop, you could buy a very decent PC for that, and combined with a Steam account, you've got a nice system that does your gaming and a whole lot more.

That said, I always have been a PC (or Amiga!) gamer and was never that bothered about consoles. I don't play an awful lot other than a bit of Minecraft these days, and to be honest I'm much more likely to go for a drive in the Seven or play a bit of guitar than I am to play a game. Can't be bothered with modern racing games that claim to be "realistic". Unless I can feel the car twitching, the brake fighting with the foot or be able to tell which of my tyres are sliding by just the feel coming through my seat, then they're not realistic at all in my book!

·
Premium Member
2,599 Posts
I just dont have the space for a pc gaming rig otherwuse I'd be getting a game called gtr (or something like that) which is really good... plus the games are cheaper!

Sent from nevernever land using Pandoras Box

1 - 16 of 16 Posts