Megane Sport Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its time for some new tyres unfortunately, and I was planning on just going for the same hankook v12's that I currently have.

However Ive came across someone selling 4 continental sport contact 3's for £300 theyre all brand new with stickers etc, and I'm really tempted as they are a better brand and cheaper than the hankooks. Theres one big drawback though, the tyres are 225/40/18 (the same as the 225's iirc) whereas my factory fit size is 235/40/18.. I know the tyres will physically fit on the car, but should I go for them?

What are the cons of opting for a slightly less wide tyre? What should I do :confused:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I really liked the V12's they were great in both wet and dry. They didnt last very long though! maybe 7-8k on the fronts. (rears were already worn, hence no rotation). I was more than happy with them and I'd get more out of them if the 4 were new and I was rotating them halfway through! Thats why I'm undecided :\ the hankooks are about £450 fitted whereas these conti's will work out about £320-340!

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
I think all that will happen is the sidewalls will be slightly streched due to the narrower tyre width.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts