Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like my gearbox is broken, where will I stand with Renault on the cost of a replacement, car is 6 months out of warranty and only covered 33k

·
Premium Member
2,959 Posts
An ND0 (r26) gearbox from Renault is £1482.32+vat

My box was replaced by Renault in April this year.

·
Premium Member
2,959 Posts
Nail on the head Ben.

I think (after 6 months) I've sorted all the problems Renault caused... Apart from the occasional 'clunk' when going over bumps etc. but I've given up looking for it.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yep, just turned over 33k.. It's just locked in neutral.. Aa could find anything wrong with the selector etc, thinks it a internal problem..

·
Premium Member
2,959 Posts
Are the cables snagged on anything?

Can you select anything with the engine on, engine off, using the clutch, not using the clutch?

·
Premium Member
4,798 Posts
If the box is knackered, you could pm stevie1972. He has a friend that owns a transmission repair company and keep the meg boxes in stock.

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
Give Renault customer services a call and see what they say. There's no way the gearbox should go at 33k miles and 3.5 years. I just had my windscreen wiper motor replaced out of warranty, all at Renault's expense. I know it's not quite the same, but they were very easy to deal with, and if you don't ask, you don't get...

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Can't do anything with the engine on or off, clutch up or down.. Just neutral, it's seems to of got stiffer now though.. Somebody said the selector might have gone..

Always thought you would feel it for a while before a clutch/gearbox went.. It went from trying to get it in 6, down to 4 then wouldn't go in anything!!

Spoke to Renault 1st thing, need to get it to my local dealership for them to strip it down and find a problem

·
Premium Member
4,798 Posts
Might be worth taking the battery and battery tray out, disconnecting the cables from the box, making sure the cables are free and even seeing if you can select gears by moving the turret.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Took the cable's off tonight and tried selecting a gear manually.. No joy, so it's either the the selector plate on top of the box or a internal box fault

·
Premium Member
4,798 Posts
I'm sure the selector turret might is a couple of bolts on the top and one at the side.

Might even be a how to guide, as its the same part that everyone is changing to get a shorter gear shift :)

·
Premium Member
5,759 Posts
It'll be an internal fault but its probably worth taking the selector out and having a look internally before pulling the box just incase its something silly.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts