Megane Sport Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys.
There is no company that offers a remap for the Meg 225 in Croatia.
But, there is a company named "Dastek". http://www.dastek.co.uk/.

They can remap any car, but they don`t remap the original ECU, they fit you this "Unichip", which is an aditional piggyback computer that works with the ECU.
When they map the Unichip, it has the effect of a normal remap, but with some benefits like: you can remove the Unichip at any time so you won`t loose your warranty, you can make multiple maps (up to 5), the unichip "tricks" the lambda unit if you remove your cat etc...

They do live mapping on a dyno only. They don`t have already prepared maps. Each car is mapped separately.

My question is, since this is a UK company, do you have any positive or negative feedback on their products and work? The idea of a piggyback computer sounds great to me but I haven`t heard anyone who actually did it.
What do you think?

Thanks. :)

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
yes i had there remap on my clio 172 they were superb saw great gains, i emailed them ages ago when i got the car but they said they had no info yet. might give them another email just to see though. :D

G

·
yup i'm currently running a uni chip. good stuff. a 1.3 making 200hp and 200 ft lbs of torque at the wheels proof enough?

G

·
mine's on a toyota starlet turbo. (it is as far from standard as u can imagine tho)

craigs was on his clio 172 he had. i think it bumped his up to 196hp

obvious mods depending. but u'll get more out of a properly mapped turbo

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, but I have a Dastek dealer 5 km from my home and the nearest remap is 500 km away.

I like them. Still considering should I pay them a visit.

G

·
I phoned dastek in South Africa! And the guy told me they don't do megane 225... He couldn't say why?

If you know what the out come would be after the unichip please post it for me!

Regards
Jakes

1 - 11 of 11 Posts