Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Spent today doing the airbox mod to my dci 175 also ran a cold air feed to the front grill,i was expecting the airbox and intake to be the same as the 225/R26 but once i had removed the battery tray etc you could see its clearly different!!any way got there in the end after a lot of swearing :D you can now hear a deffinate change in engine note at around 3000 rpm i think it sounds good even better when i get my custom back box done.

I took a couple of pictures of the pipe i removed if anyone can shed and light on it runs an intake from the front upper grille but i can't work out what the small pipe is for...

Sent from my Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,959 Posts
Any photos of the airbox?

You should of left that pipe in place really, it looks like an intake / airfeed.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry but got no photos of the box.. I have ran a bigger feed to the box now direct from the grille mate...

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dont think its that the small pipe is blocked off one end its a very odd setup maybe its designed to keep the induction noise down?..does sound good now on boost just a pain in the back side to do!

·
Premium Member
2,959 Posts
Looks strange, but could be for acoustic purposes... Or maybe fits another Renault model?!

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah maybe the same setup as the laguna dci 175 ....

·
Meganesport Area Rep - South West
6,404 Posts
Is the smaller pipe not go any where if so its a silencer.
Pic of the battery tray?

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thought it could be a silencer the small pipe is only attached one end and is blocked off the other... You can deffo hear a change when around 3000 rpm now,under the battery tray etc was exactly the same as the 225/R26 apart from this pipe that runs to the upper grille.looks like renault had try to make the dci sound more refined by using this?

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Right just driven into work and the car deffinatly sounds different there is now a load more noise low down in then revs,not sure if its a good noise or not yet lol but i will run it for a month and see how i get on i can always put the pipe back on...

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quick update,i wasn't happy with my current setup cold airfeed from the front grille so i spent today chopping a bigger hole in the airbox and re-using the old airfeed that came fitted to the car sounds great now and im getting a really cool chatter when on boost changing gear:D

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
As above mate loads of info if you search airbox mod... One bonus with the dci is it comes already fitted with a caf from the grille....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts